Northborough Manor Gatehouse
Northborough Manor Gatehouse holds a wonderful location set within beautiful Cambridgeshire countryside close to its border with Lincolnshire in the village of Northborough. While guests will enjoy a tranquil escape, a wide variety of amenities and attractions can be found in the cathedral city of Peterborough or the nearby town Stamford, both just a fifteen-minute drive away.
The Grade I listed Gatehouse makes an entirely unique place to stay, steeped in history the building was used as a garrison by Oliver Cromwell during the Civil War. The home has been lovingly and carefully modernised in order to seamlessly combine its original charm and character including intricate stonework, hand carved 700-year-old beams, and cannon holes with all the modern amenities guests could possibly need. The interiors are beautiful throughout with pieces of antique furniture and artwork dating from the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries. There is...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Northborough Manor Gatehouse is situated in the village of Northborough, set within Cambridgeshire close to the border with Lincolnshire. Northborough boasts helpful amenities including a gastropub, a small supermarket and a post office. A wider variety of amenities can be found in the market town of Market Deeping which is just a 5-minute car journey away. There is plenty to see, do and explore within the surrounding area. The city of Peterborough complete with its impressive Cathedral is just a 15-minute drive away. Ferry Meadows is one of the largest parks in the area and makes a wonderful location for a family day out with its three play areas, café and range of watersports on offer for visitors to try out, all just 20-minutes from Northborough. The whole group are bound to enjoy a nostalgic steam train ride on the Nene Valley Railway, which runs alongside the River Nene from Wansford (20-minutes away) to Peterborough and back again! Just 15-minutes away and over the border in Lincolnshire is the town of Stamford, described as one of the finest Georgian towns in England, it is well worth a visit. Burghley House, one of the grandest surviving houses of the 16th century, is less than 30-minutes away, its beautiful gardens make for a lovely day out during the Summer months. Those looking to enjoy the great outdoors will enjoy a visit to the serene Rutland Water, just 40-minutes away and perfect for a cycle or walk!
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £1500 charged to client’s credit card before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4pm
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Internet access? : Yes, Wi-Fi is included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Friday
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a 3-night minimum stay, this may be increased across peak dates
- Pets welcome? : No pets
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that due to the age of the house and the furnishings and artworks throughout, it is not suited to those travelling with young children.