I Due Angioletti
Bask in the sunshine of southern Tuscany by your glorious swimming pool and garden in this lovely holiday home close to Cortona.
There’s a real sense of Italian charm across this villa and its grounds, as you will no doubt feel as you approach the Cypress trees on your arrival. Set in its own plot of land alongside one other house, the gardens are a joy, filled with the Tuscan aromas of rosemary and summer lavender, terracotta pots of colourful geraniums and vast lawns surrounding the inviting swimming pool. Laze back in the hammocks as kids splash around or seek shade under the poolside veranda. A large covered patio provides the perfect setting for long al-fresco meals with family or friends.
The characterful interiors of I Due Angioletti are also sure to appeal with wood-beamed ceilings, beautiful furnishings and cooling cotto floor tiles. There’s an ambience of simplicity alongside Tuscan flair across the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
I Due Angioletti is perfectly positioned between Cortona and Montepulciano in this beautiful part of southern Tuscany, not far from Lake Trasimeno and the border with Umbria. Set just off a country road, this is a rural location with many walking and cycling paths straight from the villa, passing farmland, olive groves, Cypress trees and distant landscapes of rolling hills. Just over 2km is a trattoria-bar serving food and a little further is a café-bar, perfect for a morning coffee and pastry and there is also a small selection of groceries. Cortona (15km) is a gorgeous town to visit, made especially famous by Frances Mayes’ ‘Under the Tuscan Sun’. Wander around its medieval lanes, finding vantage points on the historic walls where you can admire the stunning Tuscan scenery surrounding the town. Enjoy lunch by the 13th century town hall at Piazza delle Repubblica, visit the incredible cathedral and learn all about the Etruscan history of this area at the Museo dell'Accademia Etrusca. Check what may be happening in Cortona during your stay – one of the many highlights of the festival calendar is the town’s palio, Joust dell'Archidado, usually at the beginning of June. Heading in the other direction, Montepulciano (19km) is a wine-lovers paradise with some of the most prestigious vineyards of Tuscany producing the famous Vino Nobile wines. The hilltop town itself is filled with fine examples of Renaissance architecture and has spectacular views of the Valdichiana. A little further, Pienza (35km) is also incredibly beautiful and home to the delicious pecorino cheese and other regional specialities – stop off for lunch and try the pasta dish pici con cacio e pepe. Lake Trasimeno is also easily reached, just 12km to the lakeside in Borghetto which is a nice spot for a pizza or picnic by the lakeside. A little further, Castiglione del Lago (18km) is a delightful base from which to explore the lake – wander up to the amazing castle for superb lake views. You will also find beaches, a sailing club and boat trips out to the islands on the lake. There’s also a fantastic trail around this part of the lake which is ideal for keen walkers or mountain cyclists. If you wish to visit some of central Italy’s most famous cities then you are less than an hour away from Arezzo (42km), Siena (66km) and Perugia (50km) whilst Florence (120km) can be reached in around ninety minutes via the motorway heading north.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 3.30 - 6.30 p.m. Check in after 6.30 p.m. upon request (extra €40, payable locally).
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included up to 250kWh. Excess charged at €0.50 per kWh, payable locally.
- Heating costs included? : Extra €4.50 per m3, payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €180, payable locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other days on request.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to end-September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : A cot, highchair, children's bikes, a baby bath and push chair are available on request, subject to an extra cost payable locally.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is available in bedrooms only (charges apply based on consumption, payable locally).
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner or their property manager.