In a serene setting surrounded by pine trees and mesmerising views of southern Tuscany and even as far as Umbria, Antico Camino is full of Italian character with a superb private swimming pool, just an 8km drive from the lovely town of Cortona.
The vistas of Tuscan and Umbrian landscapes can be enjoyed from the wonderful gardens which feature a romantic wooden gazebo and a natural swimming pool with a jacuzzi corner. One of the fantastic aspects of this pool is its glass top that can be opened on warm summer days or closed when the weather isn’t so great, allowing you to swim in cooler months.
Another great feature of Antico Camino is its sociable summer kitchen with a long table and benches by the wood-burning fire, ideal for evenings chatting with family and friends, feasting on good Tuscan cuisine and fine local wines. A sauna and relaxation room can also be found in this delightful retreat. ...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Antico Camino is set in a rural location, surrounded by pine forests with sweeping views over Cortona, southern Tuscany and as far as Umbria. There are a few local restaurants dotted around the area within driving distance and the nearest village, Castiglion Fiorentino, is 7km. Away from the tourist track compared to some of Tuscany’s other villages, Castiglion Fiorentino has an authentic feel with medieval walls and Etruscan remains. There are stunning views from various spots in the village, looking out towards Valdichiana and Valtiberina. This region is known for its olive oil, honey, sausages and is also on the Arezzo wine trail. Cortona is 8km by car - there is so much to see and do in this delightful town, the setting to the novel and film ‘Under the Tuscan Sun’. Keen historians will want to visit the Museo dell'Accademia Etrusca whilst the cathedral, town hall and Santa Maria Nuova church are also impressive. More than anything, explore its steep lanes, soak up its historic ambience and enjoy some regional Tuscan cuisine in one of the excellent restaurants. Arezzo is another stunning place to visit, again with many amazing restaurants and beautiful historic buildings. The main square, Piazza Grande, is surrounded by towers and palaces – if you are in Tuscany on the first Sunday of the month then visit Arezzo for the antiques market. The incredible cathedral is home to Piero delle Francesca’s wonderful frescoes and there are other artistic treasures across the city. Siena (70km) and Perugia (55km) are also delightful cities close enough to visit for a superb day out or head north up the autostrada to Florence (98km) in around 90 minutes by car. Closer to home, visit the enchanting villages and admire the tranquil landscapes of Lake Trasimeno in Umbria. The hilltop village of Castiglione del Lago is a good place to start with its castle and incredible vistas as well as lakeside beaches, walking or cycling trails and watersports such as sailing and canoeing. There are also boat trips departing to the lake’s serene islands. Visitors of this part of southern Tuscany can also spend time appreciating some of the fine wines of the region, not just the wineries of the Arezzo valley but also the Vino Nobile reds of the Montepulciano vineyards, about 35km by car. The hilltop town itself is a gorgeous place to explore with Renaissance palaces and sweeping views of Valdichiana.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.30 - 6.30 p.m. (late check-in available by prior arrangement subject to a fee).
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included up to 200kWh. Excess charged at €0.50 per kWh, payable locally.
- Heating costs included? : Extra €4.50 per m3, payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : No, extra €200, payable locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €100 per pet per week will apply (payable locally).
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to end-September. It can also be used in winter months, on request, using the cover (but please note it is not heated). Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : A cot, highchair, children's bikes, a baby bath and push chair are available on request, subject to an extra cost payable locally.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is available in bedrooms only (charges apply based on consumption, payable locally).
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner or their property manager.