Named after one of the best known grapes of the Piedmont wine region, Villa Barbaresco offers stylish accommodation in a stunning setting surrounded by endless vineyard views and the glorious landscapes of the Langhe hills.
Set in a borgo of four charming villas and a heated swimming pool, Villa Barbaresco is tucked in the corner with a lovely garden and gorgeous covered terrace perfect for al-fresco dining on warm evenings. Whatever the time of year, take advantage of the chef who can be hired to prepare delicious meals using some of the finest local ingredients of this gastronomic region.
French doors lead to a spacious dining room with a romantic fireplace and an inviting living area for resting with a glass of Barbaresco wine. The designer kitchen is good enough for a chef with its high-end equipment whilst the impressive temperature-controlled wine cabinet stands proudly with a selection of drinks from...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Experience the beautiful wine-region of Piedmont whilst staying at Villa Barbaresco, part of a borgo with three other houses and set in a wine estate with incredible vineyard views, just 9km from Alba. You can go for walks through the glorious estate, passing vineyards, summer lavender and hazelnut groves, reaching as high as 300m in altitude. World-class wines are produced from these vines – guests can visit the owner’s winery for a tour if they wish, located around a 45-minute drive away. There are a number of traditional restaurants and local wineries close by, including in the nearest village which is around 2km away - it’s possible to walk there in under half an hour if you don’t mind the hills. A little further by car you will find a grocery store and pharmacy just 5km away, as well as some delightful Farmer’s markets in villages and towns such as Gallo (6km), La Morra (6km), Alba (9km) and Bra (11km). One of the main reasons visitors are attracted to this captivating region is its wine – this area produces the most DOCG (the highest quality in Italy) wines in the country. The borgo’s concierge can help arrange winery and vineyard visits – many of the excellent wineries are family-run and fairly small so appointments are usually necessary (book well in advance during the autumn harvest and Alba’s truffle fair). Look out for wineries producing not just the Barbaresco and Barolo labels from the surrounding Langhe hills but also lesser-known wines around Monferrato and Roero. The wonderful gastronomy of this region is another great draw whether you prefer to make the most of a private chef in your villa, dine in a local osteria or book ahead to one of the Michelin starred establishments that can be found around Alba and its surrounding villages. It’s not just Alba’s white truffles that will appear on menus but also home-made tajarin or agnolotti pasta, hazelnut based dishes, marinated veal, Piemontese beef and some wonderful regional cheeses. Take time to savour your meals – after all, this is where the slow-cooking movement originated from. Indeed, there’s a relaxed pace of life across this part of Italy – shops tend to close early afternoon, a perfect time for a hike through the vineyards with a picnic or a cycle ride through the stunning countryside. There are many medieval villages and towns to discover, museums to visit, castles to admire and outdoor activities to enjoy. This is also a great base for spending the day in Turin, the first capital of Italy and now a great city that changed so much in preparation for the Winter Olympics in 2006. There’s a vibrant cultural scene as well as many excellent restaurants and markets, not to mention historic sights and its picturesque riverside setting.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid via bank transfer to the owner (or charged to client’s credit card by the owner) one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately March to end-November. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool heating charge? : No. The pool is due to be heated from March 2021. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Minimum stay : 3 nights.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Pets welcome? : Small well-behaved pets may be accepted on request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : A cot, high chair, baby bath and changing table are available upon request.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Villa Barbaresco sleeps up to 8 guests. Two extra guests may sleep on a sofa-bed, on request only and subject to a supplement.