A paradise for both wine connoisseurs and food-lovers alike, experience the very best of this captivating region at this gorgeous holiday home surrounded by the spectacular scenery of rolling hills and Langhe vineyards.
Set in a beautiful borgo alongside three other houses, at Villa Dolcetto you feel like you are in the heart of the action, perfectly positioned behind the heated swimming pool and therefore making the most of the UNESCO classified landscapes.
Step inside and be wowed by the elegantly designed interiors and fine attention to detail with the professionally equipped kitchen featuring a temperature controlled wine cabinet, snug living areas and a welcoming dining room with its roaring fire. Across all three master bedrooms find antique furnishings alongside high quality linen and luxurious en suite bathrooms.
The pretty garden terrace and al-fresco dining area look out...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Dolcetto is part of a borgo set in a Piedmont vineyard that is well-known for its excellent wines, specialising in the Barolo variety, just 9km from Alba. You can walk through the vineyards, which reach an altitude of 300m, and enjoy the spectacular views all around you – the landscapes of the Piedmont wine region have recently acquired UNESCO World Heritage status. Hazelnuts and lavender are also grown across the beautiful estate. You can also visit the owner’s winery which is around a 45-minute drive away near Nizza Monferrato. If you don’t mind the hills then it’s possible to walk to the local village in around 20-30 minutes or it’s just a five-minute drive. Dine in an authentic trattoria or osteria and visit a local winery. There are more restaurants to be found in other local villages and a grocery store around 5km away. Visit some of the atmospheric Farmer’s markets in La Morra (6km), Gallo (6km), Alba (9km) and Bra (11km) to pick up plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables as well as regional cheeses, meat and fish. One of the major draws of this area is of course the wine-tasting. The villa concierge can help you book vineyard visits - it is best to request appointments rather than just turn up, especially for smaller producers and also in the busier autumn months. Try some of the Barolo and Barbaresco labels of the Langhe but also look out for lesser known but equally excellent wine-makers around Roero and Monferrato. The Piedmont region produces the highest number of DOCG wines in Italy. This is also a region known for its wonderful gastronomy – when dining in authentic restaurants you are sure to try home-made pastas such as agnolotti and tajarin, high-quality veal and Piemontese beef. The nearby town of Alba (9km) is well-known for its exquisite white truffles and they are celebrated annually at the popular International White Truffle Fair. You will also notice a number of Michelin starred establishments in and around Alba and its surrounding villages. There is a slow-pace of life across Piedmont – shops tend to close early afternoon to allow you to enjoy picnics in the vineyards or bike rides to local villages and historic castles. There are so many picturesque walks through the countryside as well as museums to visit and towns to explore. You may even want to venture as far as the city of Turin, the first capital of Italy, to discover how its been transformed since the 2006 Winter Olympics. It’s not only loved due to its proximity to the Alps for winter sports, but also for its historic palaces and museums as well as its riverside setting and vibrant cultural and gastronomic scene.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid via bank transfer to the owner (or charged to client’s credit card by the owner) one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately March to end-November. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool heating charge? : No. The pool is due to be heated from March 2021. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Minimum stay : 3 nights.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Pets welcome? : Small well-behaved pets may be accepted on request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : A cot, high chair, baby bath and changing table are available upon request.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Security deposit :
- Other Ts and Cs : Villa Dolcetto sleeps up to 6 guests. Up to four extra guests may sleep on the sofa-beds, on request only and subject to a supplement.