Provencal 7-bedroom retreat in Vence
Scandi design meets Provençal beauty in this glorious retreat with sweeping views of the Côte d’Azur and its hinterland, just a short drive from the artistic town of Vence.
In an elevated setting, the vistas from the terraces and gardens are spectacular, reaching as far as the French Riviera coastline as well as the mesmerising Massif de l’Esterel. Whether enjoying a morning coffee on the lower terrace or evening aperitifs by the swimming pool, the landscapes will take your breath away. The sunsets over the mountains are especially wonderful on warm summer evenings.
Mediterranean gardens, century old trees, splendid lawns and beautiful terraces make the outdoor space a delight – the pièce de résistance being the glittering heated swimming pool with a separate area for children. There’s always a pretty spot to find for a serene glass of local rosé as well as high-end outdoor furnishings for sociable moments....
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Set on a mountainside just above the stunning village of Vence, Villa Glorieuse enjoys incredible views of the French Riviera and its hinterland, only a 30-minute drive from Nice. Follow the steep road downhill for 3km and you will soon reach the historic market town of Vence, well-known for its art galleries and the wonderful Chapelle du Rosaire, created by Henri Matisse. There are some excellent restaurants as well as pretty terrace cafes, wine-bars and shops. The daily market selling fruit, vegetables and flowers is a delight, as is the larger market on a Friday morning and weekly antiques market. The artistic town of St Paul de Vence (8km) is just a little further, another incredibly charming place to visit and a must for art-lovers with yet more galleries and the modern art museum, Fondation Maeght. Keen hikers can follow trails between the two villages and further afield, taking in the spectacular scenery of this area. Another vibrant market can be found in the historic quarter of Cagnes-sur-Mer (12km), a town also known for its beaches and promenade just outside the town centre. Visit the Renoir museum, Les Collettes, in the artist’s former house, then discover the coastline with beachfront restaurants and watersport opportunities. Villeneuve-Loubet Plage (12km) is another lovely hilltop town with a great beach below with more water-based activities and a marina. Spend the day soaking up the atmosphere in the lovely city of Nice (25km), then explore the beauty of the stunning Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat with its walking paths and beautiful beaches. Monaco (47km) is another fantastic place for a great day out or head in the other direction towards the charming old town of Antibes (24km) and the vibrant restaurants and bars around Juan-les-Pins (25km), both surrounded by yet more picturesque beaches. Cannes can also be reached in under an hour – as well as exploring the glamourous town, take a boat trip out to the idyllic Lérins Islands. There are many more pretty hilltop villages and towns dotted across the Côte d'Azur hinterland such as Tourrettes-sur-Loup with its lovely market and shops, Grasse (27km) and its delightful historic centre and perfumeries as well as the handsome market town of Valbonne (26km). Opio, Mougins and Biot are other gorgeous villages, perfect for a leisurely lunch out, passing scenic landscapes of olive groves and woodland as you drive through this attractive region. The French Riviera is also a golf lover’s paradise with numerous 18-hole courses within a short drive, many with amazing views, or discover the scenery by cycling or horse-riding through the surrounding hills and valleys.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €3000 paid via bank transfer to the owner one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, changed once for stays of more than 7 nights.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €500 paid via bank transfer to the owner one month before arrival. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool opening dates? : Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool heating charge? : No charge in July/August. At other times there is a charge of €400 per week, payable in advance to the owner. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.