Villa Melinda at Liguria
Offering an idyllic getaway with glorious views of both the Gulf of Poets and the lush, Ligurian countryside is Villa Melinda. This renovated country farmhouse sits in an elevated position on an olive grove-dotted hillside, close to the famous Cinque Terre and just outside the town of La Spezia. Pathways near the villa make for long, peaceful walks through the hills.
Villa Melinda’s original features have been lovingly restored, creating a romantic, almost fairytale-like feel. Beautifully brought back to life are the wood beams, stone walls and brick archways that make this villa such a warm and restful place to stay. Just as magical is the rambling outside space that offers panoramic views of the sea and surrounding countryside.
The living room is a cosy place to relax and spend quality time with family and friends. Comfortable sofas sit alongside antique pieces of furniture and a flat screen television. There’s...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Melinda is set on a hillside just outside La Spezia and there are plenty of long walks to enjoy via nearby pathways. After you’ve built up an appetite by taking in the fresh, country air, head out for an evening meal close by. The nearest restaurant is just 500m away, so you can easily walk there within 10 minutes. If you’re feeling particularly active, you can decend along a nearby path that leads down into the town of La Spezia (6km), with the journey taking just under 90 minutes. Otherwise, it’s a short 15-minute drive into the town centre. La Spezia is a great place for a family day out. There are centuries of history to discover by exploring its various landmarks and buildings, including 13th century San Giorgio Castle. The waterfront is a lovely place to enjoy a stroll before having an evening meal at one of the many restaurants found here. The train station (a five-minute drive away) at La Spezia offers services to all of the Cinque Terre villages. This means you don’t have to drive all the way there if you’d prefer a more leisurely route. It’s also a great way of mingling with both locals and other visitors - and it only takes 40 minutes to reach the final and northernmost village of Monterosso al Mare. If you do want to drive to the Cinque Terre straight from the villa, the closest village is Riomaggiore. This village is most known for The Path of Love, which is a flat, clifftop trail that runs north towards Manarola. Monterosso al Mare is the place to go to enjoy a sandy beach, with Vernazza being considered the most beautiful village of all. All of the five villages feature pretty pastel-coloured houses that perch on dramatic hillsides and cliff edges, with a traditional fishing-community atmosphere to soak up. The town of Sarzana is a 35-minute drive east of the villa and offers plenty of history and culture. It’s also very Tuscan in style, which isn’t surprising as it’s so close to the Ligurian border with Tuscany. Visit the old town to marvel at its medieval walls and defence towers.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €180, paid locally upon arrival. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Extra €180 per week (or €25 per day), paid locally.
- Minimum stay : Four/five nights during low and mid seasons, five nights during high season and 7 nights during top season.
- Changeover day : Saturday during top season, otherwise flexible.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Pets welcome? : Small pets welcome on request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €5 per pet per day will apply (paid locally).