Villa Nocturno at Liguria
Set on a beautiful hilltop, this lovely country home boasts picturesque views of white-washed houses, countryside and sea. Liguria and Tuscany’s stunning coastline is only a short drive away, where you’ll find miles of golden sand, delightful rocky coves and clear blue waters, making this casa an ideal destination for beach lovers. With its own private pool and outside dining area, Villa Nocturno is the perfect place to enjoy the Italian sunshine!
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
In a countryside location in Liguria, near the border of Tuscany, Villa Nocturno is set on a hill dotted with beautiful villas. There is a supermarket and a couple of restaurants within a 5-minute drive whilst the pretty local village is just ten minutes away where you’ll find more charming restaurants, wine bars, shops and other useful facilities. It’s only a ten-minute drive to the sea – head north to the glorious Ligurian beaches around the Golf of Poets or south to some of Tuscany’s finest seaside towns. The lovely seaside town of Tellaro (20km), just south of La Spezia, is part of the ‘Gulf of Poets’ named after the fact that the region has inspired many poets in history including Byron and Shelley. Explore the narrow lanes, dine in a seafood osteria and relax on the stunning beach. Combine with a trip to the harbour town of Lerici (15km) on market day whilst keen walkers should follow the winding trail through olive groves to Montemarcello (15km) with amazing views of the gulf. Sea-worshippers should also head to the pine-backed beaches in Fiascherino (17km). Also enjoy the exquisite vistas when visiting Portovenere, accessed via boat from La Spezia; its coastline has achieved UNESCO World Heritage status, also part of the Gulf of Poets as Byron stayed here. The old town is a maze of narrow lanes and picturesque houses to explore or head out to the national park where there are some excellent hiking trails. This is also a great base for exploring the five villages of the National Park of Cinque Terre, which can be accessed by train or boat from La Spezia (or boat from Lerici). The landscapes are steep and rugged and the views just spectacular. The five villages include Monterosso al Mare with its amazing beaches, Vernazza, classified as one of Italy’s most beautiful villages, Corniglia, 100m above the sea and accessed only via the famous Lardarina footpath, charming Manarola and finally Riomaggiore to the south. Between Manarola and Rio Maggiore there is a famous “Path of Love” which is great for romantic walks. Further south, the popular Tuscan seaside towns of Viareggio (42km) and Forte Dei Marmi (31km) are only short drive away and are home to smooth sand and lovely waters. Spend the day wandering found Forte Dei Marmi’s quaint little streets, unearthing hidden gems – from fashion boutiques to antique stalls – around every corner. Make sure you also check out the high-end Italian street market that’s held every Wednesday and Sunday. If you’re feeling daring, why not try out some water-sports at Viareggio or surf the day away on the perfect waves? In the lead up to Easter, both tourists and locals head to the city for its wonderful carnival that’s famous in Italy. Amazing floats parade the streets, creating an indescribable atmosphere – dance to the music and get into the festival spirit! The cities of Lucca (59km) and Pisa (60km) are also incredible places to visit and reached within an hour by car.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price.
- Linen & towels included? : Linen, bath and pool towels included in the rental price.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €5 per pet per day will apply (paid locally).
- Changeover day : Saturday in high season. Any day during all other periods.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €150, paid locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Strictly no smoking inside the villa.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Minimum stay : 3 nights in low season, 4 nights in mid season and 7 nights in high season.
- Heating costs included? : Extra €30 per day, paid locally.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash(typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open from June to September (cooler months may not be suitable for swimming).