Casa Palmaria is a delightful, detached home in burnt orange and ochre tones, offering comfortable luxury and stylish outdoor spaces in the heart of Portovenere in the stunning Liguria region.
Set within private gardens offering dappled shade and ample space to frolic and dine, this home is brimming with local charm; arched entries, trellis creeping across the terrace, balcony with sea views. Whilst being in the heart of downtown Portovenere, Casa Palmaria offers sublime tranquillity.
An outdoor covered lounge offers a sumptuous nook and cooling shade with a natural indoor-outdoor interplay and far-reaching views. With chic banquettes, a natural palette and textures such as raffia and wicker, this is an elegant space for evening drinks as the sun softens over the bay. With outdoor dining, and lanterns alit in the evening, the views across the harbour are sublime.
Nine guests can be accommodated at...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Casa Palmaria is located in Porto Venere village, which is accessible on foot and has all essential amenities as well as some local style restaurants. This former fisherman’s village (just listed by New York Times as one of the top 45 most beautiful places to visit on earth and one of the UNESCO world heritage sites), is considered one of the most beautiful and romantic villages in what is informally known as the ‘Italian Riviera!’ Porto Venere is also known as the end point of the Gulf of Poets, an area of outstanding beauty frequented by famous writers including Byron in his day. Should you wish to venture further afield, from the ferry dock you can catch a ferry to Palmaria island with ferries leaving every 15 minutes during the summer. The crossing takes just 5 minutes and allows you the opportunity to view Portovenere from a different angle. Palmaria is home to an array of hiking trails, beaches and caves. A great place to snorkel, dive or just cool off with a relaxing swim, then enjoy a spot of lunch before heading back. A visit to this region would be incomplete without a visit to the Cinque Terre. You can travel there by road (30km), by train from nearby La Spezia (11km) or by boat (April to October) from Portovenere. This stunning area consists of 5 idyllic fishing villages each with vineyards, olive groves, beautiful buildings and fantastic hikes, providing plenty of opportunity to take in the stunning views. La Spezia is a great day out; take a stroll along the waterfront, discover historical landmarks such as the impressive 13th century San Giorgio Castle or learn about the town’s important naval heritage. From La Spezia you can take a train to Pisa, Lucca and beyond. Popular with locals and tourists are Viareggio (26km) and Forte dei Marmi (36km). Forte dei Marmi is home to an array of vintage stores and Italian boutiques and, on Wednesdays and Sundays, an exclusive street market is held where you can soak up the atmosphere aplenty. Viareggio is known as the Pearl of the Tyrrhenian Sea. If you are visiting in the lead up to Easter, don’t miss the amazing street carnival the village is famous for with music, dancing and colourful floats. Watch the parade of floats down the streets and get into the festival-spirit! Why not visit Lucca, a stunning walled city. Whilst the walls have now long lost their military importance, they have been maintained as a pedestrian promenade, effectively creating a park which surrounds the entire perimeter of the city. Why not hire a bike and cycle the perimeter or enjoy an ice cream from one of the many gellateria while you soak up the historical sites? Pisa is also worth a visit. Take the obligatory shot, ‘propping up’ the leaning tower which has become so well-known over the years.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4 pm to 7 pm.
- Departure time : By 10 am.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price.
- Linen & towels included? : Linen, bath and pool towels included in the rental price.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €5 per pet per day will apply (paid locally).
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other durations on request.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €250, payable locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Strictly no smoking inside the villa.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights approximately June to end-September. Short stays (minimum 3 nights) possible in May and October on request - please enquire.
- Heating costs included? : Extra €30 per day, payable locally.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Cots and high chairs available on request.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : A/C is available in the ground floor double bedroom and in the corridor on the first floor (not in each room).