Villa Turino at Toscana
Villa Turino, is located in Castelnuovo dell’Abate, about 10 km south of Montalcino, and a five minute walk from stunning St. Antimo Abbey. Dating back to the 12th century, Villa Turino was originally a water mill and belonged to the Monastery of Sant Antimo. The building was completely rebuilt in 1606 by the Arrhigi family and the mill was perfectly functional up until just 60 years ago. A community of monks still reside in the abbey and gather at 3:00 pm every day for choral singing – a very moving experience.
Sleeping six guests the interior is medieval in style with beautiful stone walls and exposed beams. There are two levels in the main house and the layout is open plan with high quality furnishings harmoniously blending antiques with contemporary pieces.
On the ground floor is a spacious living and dining area with a beautiful big fireplace for chilly evenings at home. The kitchen is modern with stainless...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Turino boasts a rather wonderful location, the Abbey of Sant' Antimo, a particularly significant and popular attraction in the area is actually situated right above the villa! The former Benedictine monastery is one of the most beautiful churches in Italy and guests of Villa Turino are lucky in that it is just a short stroll from the front door, giving you plenty of opportunity to explore. A short drive away… Montalcino (9 km), is a gorgeous hilltop town dating back to the 10th century famous for its tanneries and incredible Brunello wine. The Brunello di Montalcino is made using 100% Sangiovese and in 1980 was awarded the first Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita (DOCG) designation. These days it is one of Italy's best-known and most expensive wines and is only produced in Montalcino. The town features spectacular mansions built by nobles who fleed Siena in the 16th century. San Quirico d'Orcia (12 km) is located halfway between Pienza and Bagno Vignoni and boasts one of the most stunning roads in the whole of Tuscany. The village and the others that surround it, retain a medieval appearance set against the most magnificent landscape of luminous yellow wheat fields and green patchwork vineyards. This beautiful region of Tuscany has something for everyone with beautiful beaches a couple of hours away and oodles of history and culture at every turn. Tuscany is also the top Italian destination for wine buffs with an incredible number of high quality vineyards. Other Close Places Worth A Visit: - Pienza 24 km - Bagno Vignoni 18 km
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 payable on arrival
- Arrival time : 4.00 pm
- Departure time : 10.00 am
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price
- Linen & towels included? : Linen & towels included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property
- End of stay cleaning included? : Not included in the rental price, €25 per person payable on arrival
- Other Ts and Cs : Baby cot: €30. Please mention when booking
- Pets welcome? : Pets are not allowed
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately from mid-May to end-September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Heating costs included? : Heating & Air condition, not included in rental price
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Tax : Tourist tax not included in the rental price
- Minimum stay : 7 nights (short-breaks may be possible on request outside end June-end August).