Villa Marte at Toscana
Perfect for a large gathering of family or friends, this restored Tuscan farmhouse has superb grounds, facilities and service. Situated in sought-after Chianti wine country, within easy reach of iconic Florence, Villa Marte is not only a fantastic base for exploring this fascinating Italian region but an unusually well-equipped venue for luxuriating in style, with a welcoming team on hand to make your stay truly special.
Lush vineyards and olive groves carpet the surrounding slopes as you wind through the timeless landscapes of Chianti to the villa. Enveloped in an extensive landscaped garden, flanked by a wide terrace, the 200-year-old stone villa sets a striking silhouette, topped with its distinctive dovecote tower and terracotta tiled roof.
Attractive sitting and dining areas are carefully laid out in the best parts of the garden for panoramic views and cooling shade, so you can either gather together or find...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Marte is located just a half hour drive south of Florence in Chianti, a region which many consider is the heart of Tuscany. Famous for its delicious Chianti wine and fertile hills, the region is a magnet for wine buffs and foodies alike. For art history lovers, a visit to Tuscany is to experience at first hand some of the most important settings and artworks from the Italian Renaissance, such as Michelangelo’s David in the Accademia and Brunelleschi’s Duomo in Florence. The nearest town to the villa for groceries and a choice of restaurants is the charming town of Tavarnelle Val di Pesa, just 3 minutes drive from the villa. A traditional stop off point between Florence and Siena since the Middle Ages and Renaissance, you can sense its historic routes as you explore the surroundings. Incredible works of art can be found in the monasteries and churches which punctuate the landscape in the area. There is so much to see in this part of Tuscany. Be sure to visit the tall towers and learn about the fascinating history of San Gimignano, just 20 km away. Try the nearby winery of Castello di Verrazzano for wine tasting in the magnificent setting of an 18th-century castle. Within a short drive from the villa, you can join the main road which will sweep you into Siena or Florence, or for a smooth ride in, just leave the car in nearby Poggibonsi station and take a train. Florence is nearer and the larger of the two cities, with its amazing collection of Renaissance art and architecture, a fantastic range of boutiques and a wide selection of restaurants. Siena is about an hour away and a must-see for its an array of fabulous churches, galleries, restaurants, Renaissance and Gothic architecture and a stunning central piazza, the venue for its famous Palio horse race. Food plays a central role in Tuscan life so enter into the spirit, find a scenic spot, sip on a glass of Chianti Classico and be sure to try the region’s best seasonal produce in one of the many farmers' markets or restaurants. From light tomato Panzanella or Fagioli bean dishes to wild boar stews and fresh pasta, all finished off with mouth-watering cantucci biscuits and Vin santo dessert wine, Tuscan cuisine cannot fail to disappoint.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 payable by credit card
- Arrival time : 2 pm - 5 pm
- Departure time : 10 am
- Energy costs included? : Included except for air-conditioning which is an extra €600/week, paid locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Linen, bath towels & pool towel included in the rental price
- Changeover day : Saturday
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking inside the villa
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights
- Heating costs included? : Extra €600/week, paid locally.
- Tax : Tourist tax not included in the rental price, payable on arrival
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included
- Security deposit :
- Security deposit :
- Other Ts and Cs : When villa is rented for groups smaller than 20 guests (12 and 16 people) some bedrooms are closed
- Security deposit :