La Poetessa at Toscana
La Poetessa is nestled in the hills surrounding Florence and is aptly named, being in the heart of the landscape that inspired Dante, as well as being one-time home to the formerly exiled poet!
Restored in recent years, this is a pre-eminent mansion, offering elegant, chic and welcoming interiors, finessed with taste and panache, imbibing the original spirit of the home along with all contemporary comforts.
Set within its own luscious grounds, private and secluded, exquisitely manicured and offering unparalleled tranquillity away from the bustle of the crowds, La Poetessa is a little slice of Tuscan paradise!
The interiors in this prestigious home are vivacious and lavish, whilst being comfortable and home-like. The dining room has a resplendent coloured glass chandelier set over a polished antique dining table for eight. This is an uplifting space - with beautiful, original timber features and hand...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Nestled in the hells just outside Florence, on the road to Fiesole, La Poetessa is in a rural location, yet close to many amenities. Fiesole is just a short distance from the prestigious city of Florence, and offers a quieter counterpart, with a mystical beauty and preserved history dating back centuries. Unknown by many, this small town hides a wealth of surprises: the massive stones that make up the Etruscan walls, the remains of Roman baths, and the Roman amphitheatre that still serves as a stage for summer events. The small city centre is home to a wide range of historical sites, churches and parks where visitors can spend some time escaping from the hustle and bustle of Florence. Florence is the capital of Italy’s Tuscany region and home to many masterpieces of Renaissance art and architecture. One of its most iconic sights is the Duomo, a cathedral with a terracotta-tiled dome engineered by Brunelleschi and a bell tower by Giotto. The Galleria dell'Accademia displays Michelangelo’s “David” sculpture. The Uffizi Gallery exhibits Botticelli’s “The Birth of Venus” and da Vinci’s “Annunciation.” This region is rich with cultural heritage and is one of the most historically important parts of Italy, as well as boasting some of its most stunning scenery.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 2.00 p.m. to 7.00 p.m.
- Departure time : By 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included up to 300kWh, any excess usage is payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Linen, pool & bath towels included in the rental price.
- Pets welcome? : Pets not allowed.
- Changeover day : Any
- End of stay cleaning included? : No, extra €200, payable locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking inside the villa.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights (June to early September/Xmas and NY), 5 nights (April-May and early September-October) or 4 nights (November to March, excluding Xmas/NY).
- Heating costs included? : No, extra €0.90cm, payable locally.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.