Celamonti at Toscana
This impressive two-storey villa is nestled in quintessential Tuscan countryside. You’ll find in the beautiful Val d’Orcia, a Unesco world heritage site of outstanding beauty, just a short distance from old Pienza, Bagno Vignoni thermals and, wait for it, within walking distance of the prestigious Brunello wine cellars. Accommodating up to eleven lucky guests in sumptuous bedrooms, grand living rooms and romantic dining areas, this villa is a superb find for any large group hoping to live and breathe Tuscany and the Italian lifestyle on their next holiday. The nearest village of Torrenieri (3km) has everything you may need during your stay, including restaurants, supermarket, shops and local amenities.
After you’ve driven down the cypress tree-lined track, Celamonti doesn’t disappoint. This traditional Italian villa is surrounded by extensive gardens, views across the rolling hills and inside, you’re greeted by high vaulted...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Val d’Orcia is a valley of such stunning natural beauty, UNESCO have granted it world heritage site status, and Celamonti is surrounded by its hills, vineyards and cypress trees. At the heart of wine country, this impressive Tuscan villa is a short drive to a number of boutique wineries, including the celebrated wine cellars of Brunello (2km); one of first wines to be awarded DOCG (Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita) of Montalcino. Beyond Celamonti and its neighbouring vineyards, the old town of Pienza (17km) is deemed one of the prettiest hilltop towns in Italy, by those in the know. The view from the perimeter stretches across the Val d’Orcia as far as other hilltop towns such as Montepulciano and Montichiello, by design. Despite its small size, the historic centre boasts a medieval palazzo, an elegant piazza and cathedral. It’s also home to pecorino toscano; a delicious and delicate sheep’s milk cheese. Another delightful visit is to the thermal springs of Bagno Vignoni (14km), which lies south of Celamonti. This unique village is renowned for its natural hot springs, whose therapeutic properties have been enjoyed by travelling Italians and pilgrims on their way to Rome, for centuries. Unlike other towns or villages in this part of the world, instead of a piazza at the centre, Bagno Vignoni has a thermal pool, measuring almost fifty metres by thirty metres. Even though you can’t enter this central pool, if you bring your swimming costume and a towel and wander down to Parco dei Mulini, you can relax at a naturally hot spring here and take a dip in the restorative waters.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival or by bank transfer and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4:00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10:00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €500, paid locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Heating costs included? : Extra cost based on consumption, paid locally.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday during high and mid season; otherwise flexible.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.