Petite Maison at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
<i>Please note that Petite Maison only accepts guests 15 years and above.</i>
Set in the idyllic landscapes of the Perigord Vert in northern Dordogne, Petite Maison is a delightful home with glorious gardens and a private swimming pool, just a short stroll from a pretty village and lake.
Built with local Perigordian stone, keeping the rustic interiors cool in the height of the summer, this charming house has been beautifully renovated by its caring owners who have created a wonderful retreat for relaxing and unwinding. The open-plan living and kitchen space downstairs features exposed stone walls, characterful wood beams and an eclectic mix of vintage and modern furnishings whilst on the first floor there are two pretty double bedrooms with high-end king-size beds and Egyptian cotton bed linen.
Step outside to the glorious gardens full of trees and flowers where you can help yourself to...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Petite Maison is located in the Perigord Vert region of northern Dordogne, named because of the green cacophony of meadows, forests, rolling hills and rivers. The house is situated a short stroll from a traditional village with a delightful square. At night in your garden you can hear the sounds of owls and see the stars in the clear skies. In the local village (500m) you will find a butcher, boulangerie/patisserie, newsagents, bistro with outdoor seating too and drinks only license, hairdresser, post office, Tuesday market and a lovely church. There is also a man-made lake within walking distance with a lovely 9km circular trail where you can spot birds and discover the local flora and fauna. The owners can provide a picnic hamper/cool box for you to fill and take with you. The owners have created a special file with a wealth of information about the local area and suggested itineraries. They will also provide you with leaflets about local events from the local tourist office and any relevant money off vouchers for nearby places to visit. The nearest town is La Coquille (7km) where you will find further facilities such as a cash point, service station and a supermarket. From here you can take the train to the beautiful and historical cities of Limoges (54km) or Perigueux (55km), both about 40 minutes away by train. This region is wonderful for food lovers with Foie Gras and some of the world’s best black truffles a local speciality as well as strawberries and some amazing Dordogne cheeses. Market days are a great way to discover some of the local foods and the owners will be able to advise you on the best ones to visit each day. In the winter you will also find some lovely Christmas fairs taking place in local towns whilst in the summer night markets are especially atmospheric where you can choose your meal at one of the stalls and dine al-fresco. The summer night markets usually take place in July and August in Champagnac de Belair (27km), Perigueux (55km), Nontron (23km) and Brantôme (35km). Other beautiful local places to discover include Saint-Jean-de-Côle (22km) one of France’s Plus Beaux. Villages on the banks of the River Côle and Brantôme (35km) on the River Drone where you can hire canoes, go on a boat ride or take leisurely riverside strolls after exploring the lovely town. Head to Thiviers (17km) to try some of their <i>Foie Gras</i>, walnuts and truffles (especially at the Saturday market) or head a little further south to Corgnac-sur-l'Isle to canoe in beautiful surroundings. Castle lovers don’t miss the beautiful Château de Jumilhac (19km) just a short drive away or Château de Hautefort (55km) a little further south. This region is wonderful for hikers and cyclists (the owners have some bikes they can hire out) with many routes or marked trails to follow. Cyclists may especially like the Velorail, a 22 km rail-bike along old railroad track over bridges, viaducts, through tunnels and former train stations. There are also horse-riding opportunities nearby in Dournazac (10km), many places to fish with a licence (which can be bought locally) and some wonderful spots to hire canoes. Golf-lovers have a great choice of 9 courses to choose from within an hour and the owners have two sets of golf clubs they can hire out. If you are dreaming of a balloon ride across the Dordogne then this is certainly possible with a great base near Hautefort (54km) in under an hour.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £250 or €300 paid to the owner by bank transfer before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels. Linen changed every week.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, however, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Saturday from June to September. Flexible during all other times.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights from June to September. 5 nights during Christmas & New Year. 2 nights during all other times.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately from 1st June to 27th September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any other special events are not permitted.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Other Ts and Cs : Petite Maison is suitable for adults only and will only accept guests over 18 years old.