Former warehouse converted in luxurious villa near Montalcino
This villa is an incredible example of 1960s architecture, nestled in Tuscany’s lush, green countryside. Cleverly converted former warehouse now offers a luxurious villa lifestyle for up to four discerning guests, just two kilometres from the small town of Montisi, near Montalcino. Located in Southern Tuscany, it’s a wonderful base for exploring the delights of this popular Italian region. You’re surrounded by gently rolling hills, cypress trees, vineyards, olive groves and several charming villages within reaching distance. The wine-producing town of Montepulciano is just over half an hour’s drive away and Siena is well worth the hour’s drive north-west, for a full day’s sightseeing.
The property was designed and lived in by two Austrian sculptors and architects. The ‘box’ concept of the industrial design allows huge windows for admiring the beautiful scenery and for flooding this incredible villa with light. Surround...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
The very thought of Tuscany conjures up images of cypress trees and green hills, with olives and vines growing in warm sunshine. A holiday at Villa Astrid puts you at the heart of rural Tuscany and you will be immersed in all of the above. The views from the terraces, pool and gardens are picture-perfect and the area’s olives and regional red wine can be bought from the local shops in Montisi. This small, medieval town sits on top of a hill and provides a lively centre, which is often adorned with regional flags. Discover restaurants serving the regional pici pasta along the narrow streets, which open out to the old walls and breath-taking views of the surrounding countryside. A trip to Tuscany isn’t complete without a wine tasting tour. Head to Montepulciano (25km), just half-an-hour’s drive from Villa Astrid, for a date with Vino Nobile; the famous red wine of Montepulciano. The wine cellars are built beneath the streets of the town, so you can wander from site to site, learning and tasting as you go. For a full day’s sightseeing, Siena (55km) will take about an hour in the car but you can easily fill the day with exploring the medieval streets, famous Piazzo del Campo and stunning Duomo di Siena. After you’ve climbed the four hundred steps to the top of Torre del Mangia, you may need a sit down. Pull up a chair at any one of the restaurants lining the piazza, and recharge on Sienese delicacies. For a more hands-on food experience, make sure you’re here on a Wednesday to explore the morning market at La Lizza, near the old fortress. It’s the largest market in Tuscany and worth an early start to beat the crowds. For shorter trips out from Villa Astrid, the, the idyllic Tuscan town of Pienza (13km) and hot thermal springs in Bagno Vignoni (29km) are wonderful to visit.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival or by Wire Transfer and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4:00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10:00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes end of stay cleaning and mid week cleaning are included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Changeover day : Saturday during high and mid season; otherwise flexible.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi included in rental price.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air conditioning in bedrooms
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.