Villa Franche at Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
Every bedroom overlooks the glorious blue bay of Villefranche-sur-mer in this French Riviera villa. You’ll continually find yourself drawn to the 3 balconies, where you can watch the sailboats bobbing on a sunny day (it’s almost always sunny at this south-facing property!). No expense has been spared in finishing this home, where oak and marble floors throughout lend an air of cool, relaxed luxury to your visit.
There’s a private heated plunge pool on the lower terrace and a marvellous upper terrace where you can lounge, arrange a barbecue, and simply revel in the view. But of course, you must go to the beach! The yellow sands sit only a couple of minutes walk from the villa. Even closer is the train station, where you can quickly catch the train to Nice, 2 stops away.
All the amenities of the town of Villefranche-sur-mer are just a few minutes from your holiday villa. Here you can rent a boat for a day on the water, or...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
This enviable location is in the heart of Villefranche-sur-Mer, a beautiful seaside town between Nice and Monaco, in the Alpes-Maritimes department of the Cote d'Azur close to the Italian border. The main sandy beach, Plage des Marinières, is only 300m away or there’s a smaller beach with pebbles just south of the port, Plage de la Darse, near the citadel, which is good for snorkelling. You can walk down to the port in under five minutes – you don’t even need to cross any roads. Within 100m there’s also a train station in the town with direct trains to Monaco and Italy via Beaulieu and Èze-sur-Mer and in the other direction Nice and onwards to Cannes and Marseille. The old port is where some of the best restaurants in the region can be found (such as La Mère Germaine) or head up the narrow lanes and steps towards the charming old quarter of the town. You’ll find an Italian influence coming through in many of the places to eat. The old town has beautiful ancient houses lining the steep cobbled streets and wind up and across through the town, passing arches under the houses – the best known is called Rue Obscura. The 16th Century citadel is also a remarkable place to visit with incredible sea-views. On a practical note, you can hire bikes near the main harbour (where you may sometimes see cruise ships coming in for the day) and there is also tennis in the town. Boat hire is available on the waterfront and no licence is needed for a small motorboat. The peninsular of Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat is incredibly beautiful and has some amazing walking paths to follow with breathtaking views. Discover some of the quiet, hard to reach beaches and some impressive villas where the very wealthy live. The Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild (3.5km) is also a stunning villa and museum definitely worthy of a visit. There are two further beaches with calm waters in Beaulieu-sur-Mer, only 3km away, a delightful place for a lunch out and to visit the weekly Provencal market. The charming city of Nice (5km) is an easy bus or train ride away with its Promenade du Paillon park running from the city to the sea, flower markets on Cours Saleya and many art galleries and museums. The medieval inland village of Èze (7km) is also a delightful day out where you will find shady squares, narrow lanes and mesmerizing sea views. Fine diners will appreciate the Michelin starred Chèvre D’Or as well as other restaurants with amazing panoramic views. Extravagant and unique Monaco (16km) can also be reached by train, car or bus. Shoppers will love the designer names on show in many of the principality’s boutiques or for a different experience immerse yourself in the daily Codamine Market, full of Provençal delights. Explore the warren of streets in the old town leading to the Palace, discover one of the many gardens or live the high-life in Monte Carlo’s cafès, restaurants and casinos.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 to be paid via CC to the owner and refunded in full upon departure, subject to damage inspection.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Changeover day : Saturday, flexible.
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking in the property.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Pool heating charge? : €210/week. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Arrival time : 2.00 p.m. (flexible, by prior arrangement).
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m. (flexible, by prior arrangement).
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. Please note that if the property is left in an unreasonable state, a €350 fee will be deducted from the security deposit.