Mas De Beauce at Occitanie
History lives and breathes at this 14th century villa in Midi-Pyrénées. A winding lane through a dairy farm delivers you to this manor house, an achingly beautiful retreat to simpler times in Aveyron. The original stone walls aren’t just a facade; inside, the rough-hewn kitchen and stairs in the tower testify to the years that have passed. Climb up past the tiny chapel to the lookout tower, where the rolling hills unfurl beneath you.
Nods to the past are everywhere, from the medieval-style art on the walls to the antique sewing machine in one of the bedrooms. Even the modernized bathrooms have walls of rough stone. The formal dining room recalls a moodier time, with stone walls and floors, heavy wooden doors, and intricate textiles. For some time in the sun, head out to the stone patio shaded by the trees.
The nearest village is Auzits (1 km), but you’ll want to head to Firmi (7 km) for supplies. Natural beauty is...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Rodez/Marcillac or Toulouse Airports are all nearby. There are farmer's markets that sell produce and outdoor markets where you will find provençal fabric and gifts, herbs and spices, baskets, small pieces of furniture, pottery etc. Boulangeries are found in Firmi, Cransac, St. Cyprien and St. Christophe le Vallon. Strangely, there are no shops in Auzits! Fruit and vegetables, charcuterie, meat, cheeses, other basics and flowers are all available in Firmi. The nearest large supermarket is Geant in Decazeville. Marcillac is the nearest wine-producing region. However, you can find wine everywhere. The nearest shopping is approximately 4 km away - about 7 minutes by car. There are many, many options around the area, from village markets and shops to a supermarket just 15 minutes away - but it all has to be done by car. Two well known tourist attractions are the village of Belcastel, beautifully situated above the river, and Conques, which is also very picturesque, perched on a hill above the river Dourdou, grouped around the magnificent Romanesque church of Ste Foy. Figeac, less than an hour away, is at the confluence of the Lot and Célé rivers and a pleasant old town to walk around. The Célé flows from there between narrow limestone cliffs dotted with mills and little waterfalls and on through a lovely valley. Further afield you’ll find Najac, which has a truly romantic setting high on a cliff that plummets straight down to the Aveyron river, where a single street of medieval houses leads to the keep of the great fortress castle. Villefranche-de-Rouergue, a delightful 13th century bastide with a central square, which, unusually, has a huge church tower built into the square itself. Beyond Villefranche de Rouergue, you can visit the Abbey of Loc-Dieu, near Martiel, in a region with many dolmens. The small city of Millau is the site for the world's tallest bridge, the viaduc de Millau, opened by President Chirac in December 2004. Between Entraygues and Estaing are some of the loveliest river stretches in France. There are numerous places to walk or cycle through quiet country lanes and wild, unspoiled countryside. You can water ski on the Lot river at Cajarc or hire canoe/kayaks at bases on either the Lot or the beautiful Célé river and find places to swim and picnic. For those who like to fish, there is a small lake within a short drive and lots of other places on both rivers. The Peche-Merle cave is a beautiful grotto near Cabaretes with marvellous cave paintings. Further west is St Cirq-la-Popie, an old village high above the left bank of the Lot with narrow streets that climb up to the ancient château and church, where the view is dizzying.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Access and Accessibility
- Wheelchair access
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £500 or €750 charged to clients' credit card prior to arrival and refunded four weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 9.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Included in the rental price. There may be a charge for the low seasons.
- Linen & towels included? : All linen and towels are included in the rental price.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is not heated and is usually open from June to September. Children under 16 should be supervised by the pool.
- Other Ts and Cs : The owner requires an agreement to be signed upon booking confirmation.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. Short-breaks of minimum 3 nights may be possible with prior agreement outside July, August, Christmas and New Year for €300/night.