Chateau Camelot at Occitanie
As featured in the Daily Mail colour supplement.
With incredible views of the Lot valley, this delightful château will captivate its guests with its enchanting features and beautiful setting. An absolute dream for all ages, enjoy the tranquillity of the 50-acre private grounds with its wild flowers and woodland or play to your hearts content with the many games and activities offered here.
There’s a true ambience of old-world charm in this welcoming home from its elegant drawing room with chesterfield sofas surrounding the log-burning fire to its ten pretty bedrooms, some featuring carved French beds, sumptuous fabrics and many with glorious views of the surrounding countryside. Feel the magic of the top-floor tower bedroom with its canopied circular bed and little windows looking out to the valleys beyond.
A characterful wine-cellar with its own honesty bar and table allows you to enjoy some of the...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
South of the Lot River, just half an hour from the historic town of Cahors, this château is in a stunning setting surrounded by fifty acres of private grounds with wonderful views of the Lot valley. There’s a pretty village within a 4km drive with a boulangerie, small shop and post office whilst the riverside village of Luzech (7km) offers further shops and amenities as well as a couple of restaurants and a Wednesday morning market. Luzech’s setting on the banks of two parts of the river is especially picturesque. A little further east, head to a brilliant Base de Loisirs on the Lot with supervised swimming in July and August as well as a river beach, canoe hire, paddle-boarding, pedalos and a play area. The nearest town is beautiful Cahors (23km), well-known for its historic sights including Le Pont Valentré, now a UNESCO World Heritage site. Explore the medieval historic centre, discover picturesque squares, narrow lanes and some excellent restaurants. The Wednesday and Saturday morning markets are a particular delight selling all sorts of seasonal local produce such as truffles, foie gras and Quercy melons. Across this region you will be able to visit many vineyards and wineries around Cahors, some of them famous for producing some of the finest Malbec grapes in the world. Private tours and tastings can be arranged. From May to September take a river cruise along the Lot in Cahors or in July and August you can take a day boat trip as far as the incredibly beautiful village of Saint-Cirq-Lapopie (50km). This village is known to be one of France’s classified ‘Plus Beaux Villages’ and can also be reached in around an hour by car. It’s an enchanting place with flower-filled lanes, little art galleries and delightful shops selling all sorts of artisan products – it’s an area that has inspired artists for many years. A little closer to home, Puy-l'Évêque (20km) is another charming village, perched above the Lot with its beautiful stone houses and maze of narrow lanes and steps. Take a boat trip along the river from here and hire canoes or pedaloes. Market-lovers should visit on a Tuesday morning; other wonderful markets in the area include Montcuq (17km) on a Sunday morning and Prayssac (15km) on a Friday. There are many historic châteaux to visit in the Lot-et-Garonne from the incredible ruins of Château de Bonaguil (38km), the pretty gardens and surroundings of Château de Fumel (40km) and the especially beautiful Chateau de Gavaudun (50km). Other classified ‘Plus Beaux Villages’ that can be reached in under an hour include Monpazier (54km) and Monflanquin (55km) or head further north to the Dordogne river with Domme (55km), La Roque-Gageac (56km) and Beynac-et-Cazenac (63km). Take a boat trip along the river, hire canoes, explore Farmer’s markets and discover the glorious landscapes of the Dordogne. Rocamadour (70km) is another outstanding place of natural beauty with its perfectly preserved town built on the edge of a cliff, perhaps combined with a trip to charming Gourdon (49km), one of many gorgeous towns of the Lot region.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 (or equivalent sterling) paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 6.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes. The owners ask that electrical appliances and lights are turned off when not in use to avoid oversupplying the chateau (including the pool lights).
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that strict waste disposal and waste recycling laws apply in the area. Any fines and/or extra charges incurred for correct disposal will be charged to the security deposit.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement may apply (paid locally).
- Heating costs included? : Central heating available all year round.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please supervising small children at all times by the pool
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Changeover day : The Property is not available for weddings.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to end-September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : Small weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Insurance : All members of the party must carry Personal Accident Insurance. The owners carries the necessary Public Liability Insurance, however you should be satisfied that your standard holiday insurance gives you adequate personal accident cover for all activities.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Parental supervision of children is required at all times. Please also bring their arm bands/water aids for supervised use in the swimming pool.
- Other Ts and Cs : A cot and a highchair can be made available on request, with advance notice.