Stone beautiful rural villa overlooking the Tiber valley and the Tuscan hills
Part of historic property has been sitting peacefully in its rural setting overlooking the Tiber valley and the Tuscan hills for many hundreds of years. Originally just an early 17th-century look-out tower, the stone villa was then added at a later date. A recent restoration of both has created an enchanting place to call home during your holiday in this beautiful part of Tuscany.
Many features of a traditional Tuscan country house have been retained throughout the spacious interiors. Wood-beamed ceilings, terracotta-tiled floors and some original wood doors create a sense of walking through history as you enjoy each of San Veriano’s characterful spaces.
The five bedrooms are most typical of Tuscan style, with wrought iron beds and simple, antique furnishings allowing the heritage of the villa to take centre stage. One of the bedrooms is located in the tower, so it’s especially ideal as a romantic retreat. There’s...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
A short drive from San Veriano will bring you to the lovely village of Monterchi. It's full of amenities, such as shops for stocking up on groceries and other items, restaurants and bars. Its narrow streets are lined with cafes and traditional workshops. You'll also find plenty of history here too. A majestic fortress offers breathtaking views over the lush countryside. The Museo della Madonna del Parto is home to such an incredibly important artwork that it put this humble village on the map. The Madonna del Parto fresco was painted in the Church of Santa Maria di Momentana by one of Italy's greatest Renaissance painters, Piero della Francesca. It was moved to the museum during the 1990s. Art lovers will be keen to visit Città di Castello. Housed within Palazzo Vitelli alla Cannoniera is the Municipal Art Gallery (Pinacoteca) with its huge range of paintings by Renaissance artists such as Raphael and Lorenzetti. Also visit the 14th-century Church of San Domenico for its 15th-century frescoes. Arezzo is full of history and culture also. Highlights include the beautiful cathedral and the Basilica di San Francesco. Offering just as much historical sightseeing is the city of Perugia. It's most famous for its chocolate, however, so be sure to sample some as you explore its attractions! Some of the must-visits include Priori Palace, the Gothic cathedral and Fontana Maggiore, a marble fountain carved with zodiac signs and biblical scenes. Taking things up a notch is the Funivia Colle Eletto in the town of Gubbio. This stand-up cable car takes you on an exciting journey up to the top of Monte Ingino. Waiting for you at the top is Sant'Ubaldo Basilica and fantastic views over the Apennines Mountains. Whilst you're not near the coast at San Veriano, you can still enjoy a beach experience. The town of Castiglione del Lago at Lake Trasimeno has a lovely, sandy beach and calm waters for taking hired pedalos and canoes out on. There's also a bar and a playground.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. - 7.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Extra €5/cubic metre, payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €150, payable locally. 2 hours mid-week maid service included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : A hot tub is available on request prior to arrival. Extra €250 per week, payable locally.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is available (extra €0.50/kWh, payable locally).
- Other Ts and Cs : Three cots and high chairs are available on request.