Historic Dimora position overlooking the Tiber valley and Tuscan hills
Nestled within many hectares of tree-dotted parkland and commanding an impressive position overlooking the Tiber valley and Tuscan hills is historic Dimora. This large palazzo dates back to the late 18th century and has since become a comfortable and characterful villa for unforgettable holidays with loved ones.
As well as having an incredible amount of interior space, Dimora Cardamini offers sprawling gardens on several levels. Relax in the pool, at a table with drinks or meals, or under the shade of a leafy tree. Wherever you choose to spend time, stunning views of the lush, rolling countryside that surrounds you are there to be soaked up.
All of the rooms beautifully showcase a mix of the modern and the historic. This blend makes the living and dining spaces wonderfully atmospheric places to unwind and socialise. Sure to impress during mealtimes is the grand fireplace. Wood beams, terracotta tiles and stone all...
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
It's just a short drive to the nearest village, with pretty Monterchi having a good choice of amenities to offer. There are shops for buying groceries and other holiday essentials, as well as restaurants and bars. There's a friendly, traditional atmosphere wherever you go, with narrow streets home to cafes and workshops. Monterchi is also an historic place, so there's plenty of sightseeing to do. Take in spectacular views over the surrounding countryside from the impressive fortress and visit the Museo della Madonna del Parto to see a very special piece of art. The Madonna del Parto fresco was painted by one of Italy's greatest Renaissance artists, Piero della Francesca. Painted in the Church of Santa Maria di Momentana, it was moved and put on show in the museum in the 1990s. More art is on offer in Città di Castello. Visit Palazzo Vitelli alla Cannoniera which houses the Municipal Art Gallery (Pinacoteca) to see paintings by many Renaissance artists, such as Lorenzetti and Raphael. The 14th-century Church of San Domenico has some stunning 15th-century frescoes to marvel at too. Historic Arezzo has a bit of everything, with centuries of history and culture to discover. Some of the most beautiful buildings include the cathedral and the Basilica di San Francesco. Also with plenty to offer is the town of Gubbio. Take the stand-up cable car called Funivia Colle Eletto all the way up to the top of Monte Ingino for amazing views over the Apennines Mountains and to explore the Sant'Ubaldo Basilica. Dimora Cardamini isn't near the coast, but that doesn't mean you need to miss out on a beach experience. Drive to Lake Trasimeno for its stunning regional park as well as a number of lakeside towns and villages. Castiglione del Lago is home to a sandy beach from where you can hire sun loungers, pedalos and canoes. Younger children will enjoy the playground here too.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. - 7.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Extra €5 per cubic metre heating fee, payable locally. Extra €0.50 per kWh air-conditioning fee, payable locally
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €150, payable locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool opening dates? : Open approximately mid-April to mid-October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : Extra €250 per week for use of the hot tub, on request.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.
- Other Ts and Cs : Three highchairs and cots are available on request.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is available in the bedrooms only.