Stunning, historic house with private swimming pool in Chianti
Exclusive villa sitting in the Chianti hills overlooking the vineyards and olive trees of Tuscany. Sitting in a beautiful location between Siena and Florence, both famed for their medieval cityscapes and Renaissance history, the villa is a wonderful place to visit for a sunny, culture-filled break.
Sleeping up to 18 people in 9 bedrooms, it is popular for large family groups or friends. This stunning, historic house which has bee sympathetically decorated, sits in a stunning hillside location and has a beautiful garden and a vast pool for your party to enjoy. Sitting by the pool under the covered gazebo, you are able to look across the painting-like landscape of Tuscany, with the smell of the garden’s jasmine in the air. Whether you are visiting as a family holiday or reuniting with friends at the villa, the house and location cannot be beaten.
Set in serene countryside yet close to stunning little villages and...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
San Martino is in a hard to beat location, surrounded by beautiful villages to visit yet set in a serene position overlooking the lush Tuscan hills and vineyards. 5km from the nearest village, the exclusive villa is in a rural setting but is not too isolated as there is plenty to see and do just a short drive away and further afield. Your closest village is Certaldo and where better to start exploring than the palace that dominates the village. The Palazzo Pretorio has its origins in the twelfth century and was the home of the Alberti counts. The castle has seen plenty of change since the middle ages but retains many medieval paintings and frescos which visitors love to see. You can combine a trip to the palace, with a visit to the home of poet Giovanni Boccaccio and the church of St Tommaso and Prospero under one joint ticket. Certaldo is also filled with lovely family restaurants which spill out onto the cobbled squares and stunning hillsides, as well as pretty shops and a small supermarket. There are larger supermarkets in Castelfiorentino around a fifteen minute drive away. Siena (54km) is another lovely place to visit and is just under an hour away by car (or take the train from Certaldo). There are so many stunning streets in the city that you could wander around all day without getting bored, just make sure you stop for gelato on the famous Piazza del Campo which is the hub of the city. There are endless museums and significant buildings for you to visit while in Siena and the magnificent town hall is one you won’t want to miss. If you are looking for something a bit more lively, then in July and August you could go and see the Palio de Siena which is a horse race held in the centre of the city. The Palio means a lot to the local people and so there are plenty of pageants and festivities on at the time for everyone to enjoy. Another beautiful city is Florence, again possible by train from Certaldo or just an hour by car. Get there early to get into the famous art museum the Uffizi gallery, before the crowds. If you book in advance you can also treat yourselves to one of the best views of Tuscany from the roof of Florence Cathedral.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. - 8.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- > If not included, what are they? : Energy over 350 kWh € 0,40/kWh
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday from mid-April to beginning of October. Flexible during all other periods.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Heating costs included? : Extra €0.60/cubic metre, paid locally.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Pool heating charge? : Extra €300 per week, paid locally (to be requested in advance). Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately April to October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is featured in all bedrooms and living rooms only. Extra €80 per day, paid locally.
- Other Ts and Cs : A cot is available on request. Extra €50 per week, paid locally.
- Other Ts and Cs : Extra beds are available on request. Extra €150 per week, paid locally.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.