Tuscan elegantly rustic country home in the Southern Tuscany
Fine and original Tuscan country home offering elegantly rustic accommodation for 16 guests, set within acres of its own parkland, deep in the sweeping southern Tuscan countryside. Emanating a pace of life within the spirit of local life, this handsome home is a stylish option, along with historically faithful interiors and all the comforts needed for a seamless stay. Entering the dining space, guests will stop to draw breath at this majestic sight setting the scene for bountiful group dinners, or perhaps a chef-prepared meal of local delicacies. Featuring exposed timber beams, original flagstone floor and open fireplace, it lends a nod to a medieval banquet; artfully unadorned with arch doors and simple furnishings, this unfussy space offers simple décor within a historical ambience. A chic open living space blends contemporary touches such as vivid red and purple furnishings and avant-garde lighting within a modern-rustic space;...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Sellace is nestled an hour and fifteen minutes south east of Siena, and just over and hour south of Arezzo, in a lesser trodden part of Southern Tuscany known for its mountain villages and traditional way of life. Just five kilometres from Villa Sellace is the medieval village of Castiglioncello del Trinoro, overlooking the historic Val d’Orcia in the province of Siena. Pienza is set amid sweeping Tuscan hills, and is widely known as the ‘ideal city of the Renaissance,’ with historical buildings at every turn and stunning views. Pieve di Corsignano is a romanesque church with three naves and ancient origins in the 7th century. Pienza is also the city of cacio, a delicious cheese made from sheep's milk and known worldwide. Ways of life in the region, such as wine and cheese making, have remained largely unchanged for centuries, whilst heading down to the chianti hills will make for a fine afternoon’s wine tasting. The graceful, Renaissance hilltop town of Montepuliciano is worth a visit; its famous wine is sublime when washed down with wild boar pasta. Arezzo, Tuscany’s vibrant city although being primarily known for Renaissance artist Piero della Francesca, is not overly-crowded. The Church of San Francesco is the most famous in Arezzo, with the incredible Early Renaissance fresco cycle depicting the Legend of the True Cross. Arezzo, aside from its artistic heritage, monasteries and chapels, has a long-standing tradition of gold smithery dating back to the 15th century; as one of the world’s capitals of gold, as well as the huge monthly antiques fair that takes place on the first Sunday of every month, drawing international crowds to the Piazza Grande. Rome and Florence are both just a day trip’s visit from Villa Sellace, while Chiusi is just 25 minutes east, offering rich Etruscan historical monuments, also known for its underground tunnels, one of Tuscany’s oldest churches and fine home-made local pasta.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €2500 charged to client’s credit card by the owner before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4 pm.
- Departure time : By 10 am.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, plus mid-week change for stays longer than a week.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €25 per pet per week will apply (paid locally).
- Changeover day : Saturday in peak season, flexible otherwise.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights (short-breaks of minimum 3 nights may be possible on request outside the peak season)
- Heating costs included? : Yes and wood for the fireplace/barbecue also included.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately from April to October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Security deposit :
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air conditioning is only available in the bedrooms and dining room.
- Other Ts and Cs : Cots are available on request at additional cost.