Outstanding traditional stone-built home in the heart of Tuscany
This outstanding property is a charming, traditional stone-built home in the heart of Southern Tuscany, offering stylishly rustic accommodation for ten guests within surrounding grounds overlooking rolling countryside.
This stand-alone dwelling retains its original structure, having been restored to a high standard blending all the contemporary touches needed for a seamless stay. Ideal for families or groups of friends, it offers a taste of authentic Tuscan living, a slower pace and long days enjoying the fragrant gardens, glistening pool and tranquil environs.
Entering this home, visitors will imbibe the cosy and welcoming tone of understated charm. Brimming with local flavour, the living area features exposed timber beams and an open fireplace with buttercup yellow décor. A modern-rustic dining area with natural timber furnishing and hanging light, sets the scene for lively group meals with local delicacies. A...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Facci Fallo is nestled in the heart of a rustic part of Southern Tuscany, an hour and fifteen minutes south east of Siena, and just over an south of Arezzo. Just one and a half kilometres from Facci Fallo is the medieval village of Castiglioncello del Trinoro, overlooking the historic Val d’Orcia in the province of Siena. The Val d’Orcia is a picturesque valley of rolling hills with vineyards, Renaissance villages and Medieval churches. Known for its Etruscan and Medieval villages, churches and monuments, traditional way of live and local cheeses and pastas, this region offers a taste of authentic Tuscany. The Pietraporciana Nature reserve is a green oasis between Sarteano and Chianciano with striking beech trees and wildlife. Along the paths of the reserve visitors can admire several natural caves and panoramic views. Cetona is a classic Medieval hilltop town with a 12th century church of San Michele Arcangelo, and makes a delightful spot to stop for lunch. The ancient city of Chiusi is on the border with Umbria, where visitors can enjoy Chiusi’s lake, Etruscan tombs and Christian catacombs. Its local dish is made up with <i>pici</i>, handmade pasta, and Chianti wines from the neighbouring region are popular. Pienza sits on a hilltop overlooking the Val D’Orcia and offers views of other hilltop towns. Pienza features in Zeffirelli’s acclaimed 1968 film version of ‘Romeo and Juliet.’ Winding country roads flanked by vineyards, olive groves and wheat fields surround this exquisite town. Ways of life in the region, such as wine and cheese making, have remained largely unchanged for centuries, whilst heading down to the Chianti hills will make for a fine afternoon’s wine tasting. The graceful, Renaissance hilltop town of Montepuliciano is also a wonderful place, again, known for its wine, the famous <i>Vino Nobile di Montepulciano</i>. Arezzo, Tuscany’s vibrant capital is bustling with Renaissance churches and art history, as well as vibrant markets and open piazzas, while Florence and Rome are just a day trip away.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 charged to client’s credit card by the owner before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4 pm.
- Departure time : By 10 am.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, plus mid-week change for stays longer than a week.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €25 per pet per week will apply (paid locally).
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights (short-breaks may be possible on request outside end June-end August).
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Pool heating charge? : Yes, charged on consumption if used. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included.
- Security deposit :
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately from April to October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner or their property manager.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.