This historic and beautifully renovated villa between Florence and Siena
This historic and beautifully renovated villa is ideally located for day trips to Florence and Siena. The villa is surrounded by its own private gardens and picturesque Tuscan countryside but, conveniently, is just five minutes to the nearest motorway junction. The vibrant town of Terranuova Bracciolini is a short drive away, offering all the local amenities you may need during your holiday. There are two nature reserves in the Arezzo province and the beautiful River Arno is just minutes away.
The villa sleeps up to twelve guests and provides the most exquisite accommodation for large family groups or friends gathering together for a holiday or celebration. A dwelling of some sort has existed on this site since before the ancient Romans, and it has a rich history through the centuries. A discerning architect started its renovation in the 1980s, culminating in the romantic holiday home enjoyed today.
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Fratini lies in the heart of Tuscany and the beautiful Valdarno valley. This special area is brimming with nature reserves, wonderful towns and cities and the River Arno runs through mile after mile of stunning scenery. You’re just a few minutes outside of the small town of Terranuova Bracciolini and despite being surrounded by peaceful countryside, a motorway junction for the A1 is just five minutes away. You also have a bus stop just outside the villa gates. Terranuova Bracciolini is small medieval Florentine town, complete with old piazza, historic centre and fourteenth century churches. You’ll also find mouth-watering eateries serving local dishes, including the irresistible variety of cakes, typical in the Arezzo area. Look out for baldino or gattò to complete the perfect meal. With the incredible city of Florence just under one hour’s drive north of Villa Fratini, and Arezzo about thirty minutes south, you’re wonderfully situated for visiting the principal cities in this eastern part of Tuscany. Home to the iconic Duomo of Cathedral Santa Maria del Fiore and world-famous Renaissance art, you may need more than one day trip to Florence, as simply wandering the old streets is a delight in itself. Arezzo sits on top of a hill, overlooking four valleys, and has history dating back to the Stone Age. Today, it’s a vibrant place to visit with cultural landmarks including a Roman Amphitheatre, Medicean Fortress and Church of San Francesco. If your legs grow tired of sightseeing, head to Piazza Grande for a cooling drink, whilst watching the Italian world go by. If you want to explore the countryside near Villa Fratini, the River Arno runs past Terranuova Bracciolini and up to Florence. You can enjoy the peace on a walking or cycling trail alongside the river, try paddle boarding or take a boat trip for a view of Florence from the water. The Balze Natural Protected Area (11km) extends up to Regello and is a unique landscape of eroded ravines, stone pillars and cliffs. It’s so spectacular, that Michelangelo features it in more than one of his paintings, including the Mona Lisa.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00-7.30 p.m. (late arrivals until 10.30 p.m. are possible on request only and may be subject to extra charges).
- Departure time : 9.30 a.m.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €230, payable locally. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, excluding A/C (charged on consumption, payable locally.).
- Heating costs included? : Extra charge, based on consumption and payable locally.
- Minimum stay : 5 nights in low season. 7 nights otherwise.
- Changeover day : Flexible in low season. Saturday otherwise,
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately mid May to mid October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi connection included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : A/C is in bedrooms, kitchen and living room.