Traditional stone-built Tuscan home near Lucca
I Concari is a traditional stone-built Tuscan home set within its own pretty gardens with panoramic views of the surrounding countryside, just a short distance from the medieval walled city of Lucca and close to a small village.
Brimming with natural charm and local character, this farmhouse style home has abundant original touches, and accommodates eight guests across four bedrooms and bathrooms set over two storeys.
I Concari stands graciously within its own elegant gardens, framed with terracotta pots spilling with vibrant flowering plants, lavender shrubs with classically cloistered porch and dining pergola; the scene is set for stylish outdoor living. Guests can enjoy alfresco barbecue meals, or chef-prepared dinners under the stars, in the fragrant garden air, or simply a low-key poolside breakfast. The pool is fenced within its own terraced patio, offering beautiful views of the rolling countryside, and a...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
I Concari enjoys a semi-rural setting, surrounded by rolling countryside punctuated with olive groves and vineyards, whilst the local village is only 1 kilometre distance, where a post-office and pizzeria can be found. Another village, 3km away, has further amenities for stocking up on provisions. Nestled between Lucca and Pisa, this stylish dwelling enjoys proximity to the beautiful northern Tuscan region, spanning the splendid Garfagnana mountains, the Apuan Alps and the Italian “riviera” (Versilia coast). Lucca is known for its Roman amphitheatre set in the Piazza dell’Anfiteatro, as well as the archaeological remains under the twelfth-century church of Saints Giovanni and Reparata and villas and towers from the twelfth to sixteenth centuries, history lovers will be in their element. The original city walls are a pedestrian walk, that can be enjoyed at visitors’ own pace; they are dotted with shaded benches offering a gelato pit-stop and excellent views. Pisa is known worldwide for its iconic white marble Romanesque leaning tower, yet also has a lively student culture as well as a bustling cafe and bar life. Forte dei Marmi is a buzzing nightlife spot, known for its designer boutiques and trendy seaside atmosphere, as well as its premium quality marble. Forte dei Marmi also boasts a golf course. Close by, visitors can explore the Torre del Lago where Giacomo Puccini lived and wrote his operas. Today there's an open-air theatre by the lake where visitors can enjoy Puccini's operas beneath the stars Viareggio has a 10km stretch of beach, and famous 3km long boulevard known as “La Passeggiata,” running parallel to the beach dotted with gelato cafes, seafood restaurants and boutiques. The Caffe Margherita is Puccini’s former haunt and remains largely unchanged. The medieval city of Pietrasanta on the Versilia coast is known for its artistic heritage, art galleries and fine dining; this stretch attracts a well-heeled International crowd and an active summer nightlife season Florence is an hour and 20 minute’s drive away, and an unmissable day trip when in this region. Fewer cities are more packed with enchanting architecture, romantic art and medieval churches brimming with frescos and candle-lit chapels, the most notable of which is the duomo: a cathedral with a terracotta-tiled dome engineered by Brunelleschi and a bell tower by Giotto.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included up to €150. Extra consumption payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, plus mid-week change.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Changeover day : Saturday. All other changeover days on request.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay cleaning also included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights. All other durations on request.
- Heating costs included? : Extra cost, payable locally.
- Tax : Italian Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately beginning of May to beginning of October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is featured in all rooms except the kitchen.