Authentic Tuscan charm Villa in Magra Valley
Set in the beautiful Val di Magra (Magra Valley) which hugs the Liguria-Tuscany border, the property enjoys the best of a rural dwelling set in green tranquillity, with easy access to amenities and the beautiful Ligurian coast. This home comprises two separate dwellings for four guests, within one estate, together with expansive gardens and a pool with whirlpool.
This home emanates authentic Tuscan charm and a warmly rustic tone; subtly restored, it is brimming with local style, original architectural flair and farmhouse character. The interiors at the property are delightfully faithful to the original structure, with an open fireplace and simple, yet cosy adornments.
Both two storey homes are clad in local stone with timber shutters and sloping terracotta roofs. The well-maintained gardens offer a haven of stylish seclusion for effortless outdoor living. With impeccable green lawns offset with pops of vibrant colour...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Only one kilometre to the pretty local village, surrounded by the beautiful Liguria-Tuscan borders and the green, luscious Magra valley, Casa Arcadio enjoys a privileged position. With the Appenini national park on one side, the unrivalled beauty of the upper Lugiana on the other and the well-heeled Ligurian coast 40 minutes away, guests can enjoy access to some of the prettiest parts of Northern Italy. The local village has all essential amenities from shops to supermarkets. It is known for hosting the Parish Church of Santo Stefano a Sorano; built with river pebbles, it was formerly a meeting point for pilgrims travelling along the via Francigena is now a site of archaeological interest. The ancient town of Pontremoli is just 7 kilometres distance and was built between two rivers, with twin arched Roman bridges offer access to the town. It’s known for its elegant palazzo with courtyards, porticos and stylish piazzas. The cobbled lanes leading up to the castle are flanked with stone houses and arches, with eateries and boutiques as well as a museum at the castle. La Spezia (48km) offers beautiful historic architecture. The port area adjacent to the Centro Storico and Porto Mirabello offers an elegant backdrop to promenade, especially in the evenings when local families are out enjoying the cool air and a gelato. The “passeggiata” Costantino Morin is lined with trees and offers sublime views of the harbour. Lerici (50km) is a beautiful harbour town that is less crowded than the popular Cinque Terre and offers tall, pastel-coloured homes, a castle, public gardens and an attractive boat-filled harbour. Portovenere (58km) is a former fisherman’s village (listed by The New York Times as one of the top 45 most beautiful places to visit on earth and one of the UNESCO world heritage sites), is considered one of the most beautiful and romantic villages in what is informally known as the ‘Italian Riviera’ (the Versilia coast.) The beaches of the Versilia coast provide a typically Italian seaside experience with beach clubs and beachfront bars and restaurants. Cinque Terre (a simple 40 minute boat trip or train journey from La Spezia) is a renowned stretch of coast, offering breathtaking landscapes that hug the coastline and cliffs, the cliffside villages are painted in a myriad of vibrant tones from corals to mustards, whilst boat trips from the shore take visitors to Palmaria Island (3-minute boat trip) where hiking, swimming in clear waters and seafood restaurants can be enjoyed. The other two islands of the archipelago, Tino and Tinetto can also be reached by boat.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €300 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival and refunded upon departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : Between 4.00 p.m. and 8.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Extra €100, paid in cash upon arrival and paid again at the end of the first week for 2-week stays. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Extra €30 per day, payable locally.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool heating charge? : Included. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €5 per day will apply (payable locally).
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi internet access included.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately June to end-September. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges. Maximum group size of twenty applies.