spacious three bedroom home
Artist House is a thoughtfully curated holiday home jam packed with artwork and inspiration. Set over two floors, the house showcases work by the property owner, Diana Scarborough, who is a national and international artist-engineer. With strong connections to the area, you’ll find original one-of-a kind prints and photographs on display throughout the property. Designed and decorated as an artspace and gallery, all artwork is for sale and changes seasonally.
On the ground floor, you’ll find an open plan living and dining area. Striking in appearance, the living area features a bold, blue feature wall and a contemporary driftwood sculpture by a local Redcar artist in the fireplace. The ideal place to relax after a day of exploring the local area, you can kick back on one of the sofas and switch on the Smart TV to keep up with your favourite shows. If you’d rather unwind in peace, there is a curated bookcase of art and travel...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Artist House is located in the small, family friendly town of Loftus which has independent shops and amenities including the award winning Willow Cake Shop, Wold Pottery for arts and crafts and a micro gin bar. If you’re looking to get active during your stay, join the infamous 100 mile long Cleveland Way Trail or venture to Staithes along Boulby Cliffs which is the highest cliff on the east coast! Loftus is also an ideal base for cycling as you will find the Tour de Yorkshire and the Klondike pass by at the end of the road. If you want to partake in cycling yourself, there are plenty of uphill climbs to get your heart racing! The gorgeous seaside town of Saltburn-by-the-Sea is just a short 15 minute drive away. Here you’ll find golden sandy shores and a bustling town centre. You can take the oldest functioning cliff lift in the UK down to the promenade where you’ll arrive at the 208-metre pier which stretches out into the sea. The beach is overlooked by colourful boutique beach huts, a fish restaurant, arcades and a surf shop making it the ideal spot for a day at the seaside. Also close to Loftus is the charming fishing village of Staithes. The quaint coastal hamlet was recently named one of Britain’s most beautiful seaside villages. It has high cliffs, winding streets and mismatched cottages bursting with charm. Staithes is a magnet for art and artists alike. Throughout the village you’ll find amazing painted illusions known as the ‘Painted Illusions Trail’ created by the famous artist Paul Czainski. It is also the home to the impressionist art society, known as Staithes Group, and their work can always be seen dotted around. Visit Staithes Gallery and browse the wonderful exhibits inspired by the village.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 60 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 60 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 60 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 60 days before arrival: 100% refund.
- On select bookings made after May 6th, 2020 with a check-out date on or before June 30, 2021*, guests may cancel up to 10 days before arrival and receive a full refund minus a $75 credit card processing fee. *Exclusion and Blackout dates apply. Stays taking place between December 20, 2020 and January 3, 2021 do not qualify for 10-day cancellation. Some individual homes may not be participating as noted in their individual Property Display Page.
- **THIS HOME IS EXCLUDED FROM THE 10-DAY CANCEL WITH FULL REFUND OPTION**
- - No smoking - No parties or events - Check-in time is 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM