homely one bedroom holiday apartment in the heart of Whitby
The First Port of Call boasts a welcoming living area with lots of character. Paying homage to Whitby’s maritime history, you’ll see plenty of nautical accessories and decorations. Relax on the comfy, grey sofa or kick back on the quirky wooden palette style armchair. Ideal for relaxing, turn on the flat screen TV and watch your favourite shows on Freeview. Next to the tall bay window is the dining area which includes a white, metal dining table and matching chairs.
Head to the kitchen and you’ll find a traditional yet charming space. The room is bright and airy with white wooden cabinets and light wood worktops. You’ll have everything you need to prepare home cooked meals during your stay as the kitchen is equipped with an oven, hob, microwave, toaster, kettle and refrigerator. There is also cookware, dishes and silverware.
With a decorative anchor and wall art of the coast, the bedroom has the same seaside...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
No Pets Allowed
Set on the West side of Whitby, The First Port Of Call is just a short walk from the central Flowergate. Find cosy pubs, fun arcades and plenty of fish restaurants on Pier Road. Venture along the lively road and you’ll reach the beautiful, blue flag West Cliff Beach which is lined with idyllic beach huts. At the other end of Pier Road, you’ll find the swing bridge which sits over the River Esk. On the opposite side of the bridge is the East bank. This side of Whitby is full of narrow, medieval streets dotted with boutiques, pubs and fish restaurants. Climb the famous 199 steps up to the Church of Saint Mary. You can also discover the renowned ruined Whitby Abbey, which was the inspiration for Bram Stoker’s gothic novel ‘Dracula’. Step outside of Whitby and you’ll uncover a haven of woodland and moorland. Whitby forms part of the North York Moors National Park so it’s the perfect place for long walks.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 60 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) reservation is canceled within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 60 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation, the remaining 50% will be charged 60 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 60 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 60 days before arrival: 100% refund.
- On bookings made after May 6th, 2020 with a check-out date on or before March 31st, 2021*, guests may cancel up to 10 days before arrival and receive a full refund minus a $75 credit card processing fee. *Blackout dates: Stays taking place between December 20th and January 3rd do not qualify for 10-day cancellation.
- **THIS HOME IS EXCLUDED FROM THE 10-DAY CANCEL WITH FULL REFUND OPTION**
- - No smoking - No parties or events - Check-in time is 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM