In a stunning setting in the Chamonix Valley, this jewel of a chalet offers beautiful accommodation alongside a high-end level of service, with a ski-in ski-out location at the foot of one of the region’s most famous pistes.
As you are greeted on arrival with a glass of champagne, this sets the scene for your days ahead. Gather in the open-plan living space, admire its contemporary elegance and gaze out towards the snow-capped mountains that are perfectly framed by the floor to ceiling windows.
The hospitality at Chalet Saphir is second to none – imagine returning to your chalet for warm drinks and afternoon cakes by the open fire, then being served a high quality three-course evening meal with fine wines on the long dining table. A delicious breakfast is also prepared each morning and bathrooms are cleaned six days a week, allowing you to sit back and relax during your time in this stylish abode.
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
Ski in/Ski out
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Meal Included: All Inclusive
Chalet Saphir can be found in Les Houches in the Chamonix valley, France, just under an hour drive from Geneva Airport and close to both the Italian and Swiss borders. The views of the nearby piste and surrounding valley are truly spectacular. This is a fantastic location for ski-in ski-out, just a very short walk from a chair lift and cable car as well as a small handful of restaurants, bars and shops. You are also within a 10-minute stroll to Les Houches centre where you find moew restaurants, cafes, bars and shops as well as shuttle buses that take you through the Chamonix valley to many of the region’s other ski areas. There are numerous places to hire ski and snowboarding gear, alternatively equipment hire and ski passes can be arranged via the chalet staff, as well as skiing lessons, guides and other services. The nearby Kandahar piste is well known amongst professionals across the world with its bi-annual downhill race yet there are also many options for beginners as well as more experienced skiers across this area. There are 55km worth of pistes across Les Houches, as high as 1900m in altitude, passing forests, always surrounded by the incredible scenery of the Chamonix Valley. As well as four black runs, there are 13 red runs, 8 blue and 2 green as well as snow parks and sledging opportunities, making Les Houches especially ideal for families. Other skiing areas across the Chamonix Valley include Les Grands Montets, up to 3300m altitude, the Brévent area, close to Chamonix town centre and the challenging yet amazing off-piste Aiguille du Midi for the most experienced of skiers. You can even reach Courmayeur in Italy via the Mont-Blanc tunnel for more intermediate pistes and beautiful vistas.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €2000 charged to client’s credit card by the owner as a pre-authorisation one month before/upon arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 2.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes including logs for the fire.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including bathrobes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Other Ts and Cs : Hot tub heating is included.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Changeover day : Sunday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Other Ts and Cs : The catered package is for six days a week, excluding Wednesdays which is the staff's day off (breakfast will be pre-prepared for self-service on this day).
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Insurance : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay.
- Other Ts and Cs : A cot and highchair are available on request.