La Voile De Soleil
A stunning contemporary home in a beautiful natural setting, no wonder La Voile de Soleil was selected as one of The Times ’20 Best French Villas’ in 2018. With historic Valbonne so close and the beaches of Cannes within a short drive, this villa is perfectly positioned for exploring all the delights of this idyllic corner of the French Riviera.
The interiors of La Voile de Soleil are simply superb – the living room is a huge open-space with sliding floor-to-ceiling windows that open up to the al-fresco dining terrace. The sleek kitchen has everything you could wish for and there is an en suite bedroom on both the upper floor and lower garden level. Expect high-end furnishings, designer features and bold works of art alongside state-of-the-art facilities such as air-conditioning, a Bluetooth speaker and iPod docking station. This is an ideal home for a couple or two, a small group of friends or a family with older children...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Surrounded by olive trees, close to the charming market town of Valbonne, La Voile de Soleil enjoys the best of both worlds being close to idyllic villages and only 14km from glamourous Cannes and the beaches of the French Riviera. This is a semi-rural setting, backed by a small olive grove, with other villas dotted around the area. Wander out of your home and within 1.5km you will reach a handful of restaurants and a supermarket in the local village. The enchanting market town of Valbonne (3km) is also minutes away (or a leisurely half hour walk) with its 16th century cobbled lanes, beautiful houses and a charming central square with picturesque cafes. The Friday morning market is a delight and there’s also an antiques/flea market on the first Sunday of each month. Spend time exploring artisan shops and pretty galleries as you stroll through this beautiful town. Other idyllic hilltop villages across this region include Opio (4km), Mougins (8km) and Biot (12km), all mesmerising places filled with history and charm – perfect for a morning coffee or a spot of lunch. Grasse (7km) is another splendid town, the perfume capital of France with historic lanes, relaxing fountains and yet more authentic restaurants. A visit to one of the perfume factories is a fascinating trip out or simply be inspired by the wonderful landscapes surrounding Grasse with olive groves, lavender fields and sweet-scented summer flowers. The sea is never far away with the beaches of the Côte d'Azur within a short drive. Cannes (14km) is a great place for soaking up the glitzy vibe, relaxing on the city beach or just wandering around the impressive marina. Look out for a range of watersports nearby as well as boat trips departing to a variety of places such as Monaco, Saint Tropez and the peaceful Îles de Lérins. The French Riviera is also home to some brilliant beaches around Juan-les-Pins and Antibes (18km) or head to the dramatic setting of Théoule-sur-Mer (26km). You are also well positioned for cool hikes through the nearby Valbonne woods with marked walking trails – there is a particularly lovely walk between Valbonne and Biot, following La Brague river. Alternatively, drive further inland towards the rugged mountains around Le Bar-sur-Loup (10km) and Gourdon (14km). Look out for waterfalls and summer swimming in natural rock pools. Horse-riding is another spectacular way to appreciate the stunning scenery of this region. Golf-lovers note it is just a 5-minute drive to one of the Côte d'Azur's many famous golf courses – this one an 18-hole course with wonderful views. Golf Opio Valbonne, Victoria Golf Club and the famous Royal Mougins Golf Resort are also a short drive away.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £750 charged to client’s credit card as a pre-authorisation one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.30 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Pool heating charge? : Yes, extra €150 per week, payable locally.
- Pool opening dates? :
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement will apply (payable locally).
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and stag/hen parties are not allowed. Other special events/celebrations are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Other Ts and Cs : Due to the nature of the terraced grounds and some open railings, this house is not suitable for toddlers or very young children.