Historic Countryside Retreat with Private Pool
Villa Stepancic, a gorgeously restored villa secluded in three acres of lush Istrian forest is the perfect countryside retreat. The house itself is one of the oldest buildings in the original hamlet of Stepancici and was lovingly restored by its owners in 2016 to create a contemporary and comfortable holiday home.
The villa can easily sleep up to eight guests across four comfortable bedrooms, three luxurious bathrooms and a large well-manicured garden and private swimming pool. The open-plan living area is bright, airy and spacious with full length windows and patio doors allowing plenty of sunlight to flood the room. There is a fully equipped kitchen, dining and lounge area – perfect for relaxing with friends and family.
You will find two bedrooms on the ground floor, a double room with en-suite bathroom, a twin bedroom and the first family bathroom. Head upstairs for the remaining two bedrooms, a double and a...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Seats 12
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Seats 10
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area: Screened-in
Outdoor Dining Area
Outdoor Furniture: Sun Loungers
Outdoor Furniture: Dining Area
Villa Stepanic is located in 3 acres of lush forest with its own fruit trees, natural beauty and quiet of the surrounding countryside. Drive 11 km to the coastal resort of Rabac where you will find crystal clear waters, small beach coves, restaurants, bars and shops. The villa is also only 7km from Labin, a Venetian medieval old-town with plenty of culture and history to explore and yummy restaurants to enjoy. The closest airport is Pula which is just a forty minute car journey from the villa. The enchanting waterside escape of Istria is the largest peninsula in the Adriatic sea. Deriving its name from a pre-Roman tribe, Istria is steeped in history. Its rich heritage is shaped especially by long periods of Roman, Venetian and Austrian rule. There are many fascinating historical sites that travellers can visit. Perhaps the most impressive of which is the Roman Amphitheatre which has been preserved incredibly well, standing in Pula and this amphitheatre is the sixth largest Roman arena in the world (and still used for concerts, cinema and other events almost every day during the summer)! But you can find historical sites almost in any village and town across the peninsula. Outside of its historical charms, Istria has plenty of other features on offer. Surrounded by the Adriatic sea, there are many pristine, picturesque beaches and seafront café’s where one can soak up the sun or watch the boats as they travel towards the nearby ports of Italy and Slovenia. Turning away from the coast, the bucolic interior of rolling hills and fertile plains attracts food- and culture-focused visitors to Istria’s hilltop villages, rural hotels and farmhouse restaurants. The peninsula is a cornucopia of culinary riches, with the seafood of the coast melding with the hearty meat-based fare of Central Europe. A visit to some of the local vineries and olive mills is a must, with world-class wines and olive oils being proudly displayed and sampled. If you are enticed by the lure of wild and rare nature, then take a boat trip to the nearby Brijuni archipelago which is not only surrounded by the most intensely stunning beaches but also covered in greenery boasting rare wild plants (protected as a national park)
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €200 is payable in cash upon arrival, this is to be refunded in full subject to a damage inspection on departure
- Arrival time : 4pm (please note that arrivals after 10pm will incur a €50 additional charge payable in cash locally on arrival)
- Departure time : 10am
- Energy costs included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Departure time : 08:00 - 10:00
- Pets welcome? : No
- Internet access? : Free Wi-Fi throughout the villa
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking allowed
- Energy costs included? : Yes
- Linen & towels included? : Yes
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, included in the rental price
- Internet access? : Yes, Wi-Fi is included in the rental price
- Minimum stay : Please note that there is a 7-night minimum stay acros speak Summer dates, this may be reduced to 3-nights in lower season
- Changeover day : Bookings must start on a Saturday across peak dates, this may be relaxed in lower season
- Smoking Allowed? : No smoking
- Pets welcome? : No pets
- Insurance : It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property
- Pool heating charge? : FROM MARCH 2020: Pool heating available upon request for an additional cost of €20 per day. Pool heating is available in April, May, June and September only, and will reach a maximum temperature of 25C. The pool will not be heated in July and August.