In the heart of the Luberon National Park, experience the romance of Provence in this exceptional 17th-century farmhouse, with vineyard and mountain views, and within walking distance to one of the idyllic perched villages that this region is so famous for.
This beautiful home is full of authenticity and character, with an air of elegance and charm across its vast living spaces and six lovely bedrooms. The villa features a splendid Provençal kitchen and dining area with a striking original fireplace whilst the living room is graceful with its stylish sofas and Baby Steinway piano standing proudly by the picture-book windows. Bedrooms are dotted across the farmhouse and courtyard, each one with its own pretty style and private bathroom, five featuring king-size beds and some with French doors leading to picturesque garden terraces.
The gardens are simply delightful with ancient olive trees across the manicured...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa Glycine can be found in the heart of Provence’s Luberon National Park, surrounded by idyllic perched villages and marvellous mountain views, around 40km south of Avignon. You can walk to the nearest hilltop village in around 25 minutes if you don’t mind the hills - it’s a small but glorious place which has been carefully restored over the last fifty years. The steep cobbled lanes are a delight, as are the wonderful views of olive groves and woodland surrounding the village. Find the pretty square in the centre of the village with its café-bar, perfect for relaxed lunches or al-fresco meals on warm summer evenings. Ménerbes (4km) is also a short drive away, a beautiful medieval hilltop village with pretty shops and lovely restaurants and as well as a charming Thursday morning market. The village was made famous by Peter Mayle’s ‘A Year in Provence’ and it’s one of France’s classified ‘Plus Beaux Villages’. Other archetypal villages of the Luberon include Lacoste (13km), Bonnieux (16km) and Roussillon (18km), amongst others, and there are also the wonderful towns of Cavaillon (13km) and Apt (24km) to discover, especially on market day. Another famous village of this region is Van Gogh’s beloved Gordes (12km), also known as one of France’s ‘Plus Beaux Villages’ with its incredible history, atmospheric market and surrounding lavender fields. Keen walkers can follow a number of trails through the mesmerising Luberon landscapes, either around the local village or beyond, passing vineyards, olive groves, woodland and glorious Provençal countryside. Cycling is also incredibly popular in this part of Provence and horse-riding is another great way to admire the scenery. Antique lovers must experience the amazing markets of L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue (17km), perhaps combined with a visit to Fontaine-de-Vaucluse (16km), the source of the Sorgue river and a superb place for hiring kayaks and canoes. The Luberon vineyards are also a very short drive away if you would like to try some of the local wine whilst connoisseurs can head north towards Châteauneuf-du-Pape (50km) for a splendid day out in the Rhône valley. You may also choose to spend time in the historic city of Avignon (38km) with its UNESCO World Heritage sites or head south to experience the romance of Aix-en-Provence (63km), just an hour away.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €5000 paid via bank transfer to the owner one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, and maid service (Monday to Friday, 3hrs per day). Guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, the security deposit will increase to €6000.
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights (June to September and Christmas/New Year), 5 nights (May and Easter) or 4 nights at other times.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open approximately May to mid-October. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.
- Pool heating charge? : Yes, €500 per week (not available July and August when pool heating is not usually needed). Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any other events are not allowed.