Maison Des Citrons at Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
A Provençal delight, Maison Des Citrons is set on a vast estate featuring meadows, summer lavender and olive trees. Appreciate the beauty all around you knowing you are only 3km from one of Provence’s most charming towns, St-Rémy.
The owners have created a beautiful home, retaining so much Provençal character with a classic yet elegant ambience throughout. The main villa features five air-conditioned bedrooms with calming décor, delightful touches and elegant bathrooms as well as a spacious living room, dining area and kitchen fit for a chef. Two separate guest houses, each with a living area, feature four further bedrooms, making Maison Des Citrons ideal for a group of family or friends looking for both convivial living as well as a little independence at times.
The ten hectare estate has the essence of an authentic Provençal farm with wild flowers in the summer, a lavender field as well as a large olive grove;...
At a glance
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Tennis Courts: Community
Air Conditioning: Central
Outdoor Dining Area
Maison Des Citrons is set in a large country estate just over a 5-minute drive (or just under half an hour walk) to the delightful town of Saint-Rémy-de-Provence. From the gardens you can enjoy wonderful views of the mountains of Les Alpilles Natural Regional Park. Saint-Rémy-de-Provence (3km) is well-known as an archetypal Provençal town filled with great restaurants, cafes and charming bars. Spend time exploring the pretty shops whether you are looking for ceramics, candles or clothes and visit the bustling market on a Wednesday morning. Follow the Van Gogh art trail and discover St-Paul-de-Mausole monastery where the artist created some of his most famous paintings during his time there. Indeed, the town has attracted many artists over the years and you can visit their little art galleries in the narrow cobbled lanes throughout the town. On some summer Sundays local artists gather to show off their work on the ‘<i>Route des Artistes</i>’. This is Les Alpilles Natural Regional Park, an idyllic area filled with landscapes of olive groves, vineyards, mountains and green valleys. Discover the region by following wonderful walking trails or hiring bikes, whether mountain bikes or electric. Horse-riding is also popular here as is rock climbing for more adventurous guests. Those who love to play golf have a choice of courses across this part of Provence, including the 18-hole golf course at nearby Domaine de Manville. Other pretty villages across Les Alpilles include Eygalières (10km) with its authenticity and charm, Maussane (12km) with arguably the best olive oil in France and the incredible Les Baux-de-Provence (12km), known to be one of France’s ‘<i>Plus Beaux Villages</i>’. To the north, visit the city of Avignon (23km) to discover its fascinating history (with two UNESCO world heritage sites) as well as its great restaurants and markets. Heading south, the city of Arles (30km) is filled with Roman history, museums, galleries and more great places to eat. It’s also the gateway to the Camargue, a unique region with endless lagoons, nesting flamingos, wild horses, salt marshes, meadows and incredible scenery. The neighbouring Luberon region is also an intriguing part of Provence with idyllic hilltop medieval villages looking over lavender fields, atmospheric markets selling all sorts of wonderful local produce and endless beautiful landscapes perfect for hiking and cycling. Villages such as Gordes (38km), Ménerbes (33km) and Roussillon (45km) can be reached in well under an hour. L’Isle Sur La Sorgue (30km) is another picture-perfect town with antique dealers, pretty riverside cafes and a world-famous <i>brocante</i> (flea market) on a Sunday morning. Hire kayaks on the Sorgue river and paddle downstream from Fontaine de Vaucluse to L’Isle Sur La Sorgue for a wonderful day out with the family.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €10,000 paid to the owner by bank transfer one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 5.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes. Additional charges may apply in winter.
- Minimum stay : 14 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for civil liability as well as cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay. A copy of this policy must be provided to the owner minimum one month before arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.