Chateau Des Bijoux at Bourgogne-Franche-Comté
Set in vast grounds of forests and meadows, Château Des Bijoux is a jewel of a home in northern Burgundy, dating back to the 18th century, ideal for an extended family reunion, relaxing holiday with friends or a special celebration.
The grand central hall, which can be beautifully set up for banquets and weddings, leads to 14 bedrooms over five comfortable apartments, each part of the château and with their own pretty bedrooms, bathrooms, lounge area and kitchens. There’s also a château kitchen on the ground floor, making cooking for the whole group a breeze, or the owner can arrange private catering to serve a feast in the central hall or on the characterful al-fresco terrace looking over the lovely gardens.
Outside you can relax on the grass by the swimming pool, let the kids explore the maze or play on the trampoline, challenge a family member to a game of boules or simply enjoy a glass of sparkling Crémant...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
In northern Burgundy, in the Yonne department, Château Des Bijoux enjoys an enviable location in seven hectares of land including parkland and forests. The surrounding area is fields, including the neighbour with her seven cows, and the Burgundy canal and Armançon river are just across the road. There’s a sleepy village with a church just behind the château but your nearest restaurants, shops and supermarkets are in Saint-Florentin (10km), a town founded by the Romans and full of historic charm. Tonnere (20km) also has a fascinating Roman history and here you will find some excellent restaurants specialising in Burgundian cuisine. The Burgundy canal passes through both towns and has some delightful towpaths for walking and cycling. There are many great activities across this region including two golf courses within half an hour, tennis only ten-minutes away in Vergigny and the opportunity to try parachute jumping and gliding in Chéu, a 10km drive. Lézinnes, about half an hour away, is a great place to hire kayaks or on request you may be able to arrange them to come to you as the river Armançon is just across the road from the château’s grounds. There’s no doubt you’ll want to discover the famous vineyards around Chablis but it’s also worth stopping off in the pretty village itself, only 25km away, with its medieval architecture, historical churches and traditional wine press. Wine has been produced here since the 9th century and there are many places where you can buy the famous white wine across the village and surrounding wineries across nearby hamlets. Visit on a Sunday morning and experience the wonderful weekly market. The capital of the Yonne department is Auxerre (33km), on the Yonne River. It’s a protected Historic Town in France with an impressive town centre with its towering cathedral and churches, attractive squares and cafes, medieval narrow streets full of ancient houses and its 15th Century clock tower. The delightful market takes place on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday morning. Noyers (40km) is known to be one of France’s ‘Plus Beaux Villages’. It’s a charming medieval town that’s full of history with pretty squares and fascinating buildings dating back to the 13th to 19th Centuries. You can wander down by the river, watch artists paint and have a delicious lunch in the picturesque setting. There are some excellent restaurants, shops and a market every Saturday and Wednesday morning. If you’re staying in the autumn, don’t miss the famous truffle market here. Other incredible day trips within an hour or so include the hilltop town of Vézelay (72km) with its Romanesque architecture and beautiful 12th century Basilica and Sens (54km) with its great Gothic cathedral. The incredibly pretty city of Troyes (52km), at the southern end of the Champagne region, is a stunning historical town surrounded by wonderful countryside by the Seine.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid to the owner in cash on arrival or by bank transfer one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 3.00 p.m. (Fridays and Sunday arrivals are at 4.00 p.m.). An earlier check-in may be requested, subject to a supplement.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m. A later check-out may be requested, subject to a supplement. Guests staying from Friday to Sunday may check-out at 4.00p.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels. Mid-stay linen change is included for guests staying for more than one week.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay clean is included for guests staying for more than one week. Please note guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit
- Changeover day : Flexible.
- Minimum stay : 2 nights.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €10 per pet per day will apply (paid locally).
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.