Vue Montagne at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Vue Montagne certainly lives up to its name - the architect who designed this privately situated villa has done everything possible to make sure that its extraordinary mountain views are a theme throughout. As well as being able to gaze at the iconic summit of La Rhune, you are only ten minutes’ drive away from the seaside delights of the coast and near a charming Basque village. A combination of spectacular location and luxurious design makes this a particularly special holiday home.
Huge glass doors in the living and dining areas frame slightly different, expansive versions of the vista of pool, grass and woodland in the foreground with the constant backdrop of the majestic mountain and its daily subtle changes of light and colour. There is even a view through the kitchen doors to distract the cook and a wider panorama can be enjoyed from the terrace and upstairs balcony. There are arched windows and so many other...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Vue Montagne is privately situated just outside a village (1km) in the Pyrénées-Atlantique department of south-western France. La Rhune, the splendid Pyrenean summit so visible from your holiday home, is only 4 kilometres away and there are three other major peaks nearby - many mountain excursions are possible from here by foot or by car. The local charming village (1km) has a strong Basque footprint with its picturesque central square, pelota court and narrow alleys with Labourdine houses where blue, red and green contrast with the white plaster of the houses. There is a small supermarket and a handful of restaurants here as well as an interesting church and a Roman bridge crossing the river. It’s easy to get to St-Jean de Luz (8km), where there are superb wide sandy beaches and pretty streets filled with shops and restaurants as well as walks along the coast and surrounding hills. The town’s beach, La Grande Plage, is the perfect place to spend the afternoon, especially with children. Once a small fishing port, the town later became a fashionable resort for wealthy French, English and Spanish tourists in the late 19th century and is now renowned for its tuna, anchovies and sardines. Ciboure (8km) is often described as the quieter “twin” of its neighbour, St-Jean-de-Luz, to which it is joined by a road bridge over the harbour, both towns enjoying the shelter of the natural bay. Ciboure has its own relaxing atmosphere, so meander slowly through the old town and admire the brightly coloured boats and the Art Deco lighthouse. The beautiful Quai Maurice Ravel is best viewed from the harbor of St-Jean-de-Luz and remains a source of inspiration for many artists and photographers. The waves are calmer on this part of the coast than further north, so it’s the ideal place for trainee surfers to practise, while those experienced surfers will enjoy the more dramatic breakers at Acotz (11km). For even more adventure, head to Guéthary (13km) and Bidart (16km) where you can join some of the world’s finest surfers or just relax and marvel at the magnificent landscapes. The region is a perfect paradise for golfers with the area having two beautiful golf-courses, the nearest one only 5km away and many others nearer Biarritz, including the prestigious Chiberta Golf Course (28km) with its wonderful location near the Anglet beaches. Keen walkers should not miss the Basque Cornishe, a fantastic path which follows coves and rugged cliffs all the way from Ciboure (8km) to Hendaye (16km) on the Spanish border. The glamour and glitz of Biarritz is only 24km away, an elegant seaside resort dating back to the 19th century when aristocracy built their summer residences along this part of the coast. Here you can dine in fine restaurants by the beach, order cocktails at fashionable bars or visit the bustling and colourful markets of Les Halles, full of Basque specialities to take home and cook.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €3,500 paid to the owner by bank transfer two weeks before arrival and refunded three weeks after departure at the very latest, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Pool towels included? : Pool towels can be rented at the cost of €8 per towel, please advise us if required before your final balance is due.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests will be required to sign a copy of the owner's rental terms upon booking confirmation.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for civil liability as well as cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay. A copy of this policy may be requested by the owner before or upon arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.