Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to the internet. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Le Sud at Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
Within a short walk of one of France’s most beautiful medieval villages, Le Sud offers a magical setting overlooking the French Riviera landscapes.
This is a truly beautiful villa which has retained its charming character yet is full of the warmth of a comfortable modern home. Light flows through the spacious living room with French windows opening up to the terrace that surrounds the front of the house whilst the country kitchen-diner leads out to a wonderful covered dining patio. Two pretty bedrooms with their own bathrooms can be found on the ground floor whilst a lovely tiled staircase winds itself up to the top floor with its double bedroom and ensuite shower room.
Sit back on your terrace and enjoy a glass of rosé from a local vineyard as you gaze out at the hills and the local village. There’s a summer kitchen where you can prepare a barbecue using the very best ingredients you’ve picked up from local...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Children’s Play Area
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Le Sud is set on a hillside in the beautiful countryside with valley views of the surrounding the French Riviera landscapes and towards the local village. In the eastern Var department, it’s close to some of the region’s most idyllic ‘perched’ villages as well as being under an hour to the Côte d'Azur beaches of Cannes, Fréjus and Sainte-Maxime. The local village is a 20-minute walk away, downhill (or you may prefer the five-minute drive and park at the bottom of the village). It’s known to be one of France’s ‘Plus Beaux Villages’ and is filled with narrow, cobbled lanes and lovely restaurants with terraces shaded by the beautiful plane trees. Discover the ancient fountains, historical buildings and amazing views from this charming medieval village. Other dreamy villages to explore include Fayence with its charming streets, beautiful cafés plus a weekly Farmer’s market selling all sorts of local delights, Callian with its pretty winding streets and flower-filled staircases and lovely Montauroux, perched in the hills, with its street market on a Tuesday. Indeed, every day you will be able to find a local village hosting a market where you can truly soak up the Provençal ambience of this breath-taking region. Not forgetting the stunning town of Grasse, 40 minutes away, known for its perfume heritage and fields of lavender. Drive further towards the rugged interior and enjoy spectacular views of the whole riviera from Gourdon (47km), swim from the rocks in Gorges du Loup (46km) or head to wonderful Caussols (48km) you will find an observatory in this stuning location. For a truly spectacular day out, head to the Gorges du Verdon (84km), one of France’s greatest ‘must see wonders’. There are some wonderful hiking trails through the forests surrounding the village and region. Cycling and horse-riding are also popular pastimes here. Golf-lovers can tee-off at the world-renowned Terre Blanche Golf around 12km away or drive a little further to the magnificent Saint Endréol Golf course. For a truly special experience there is a Gliding school in nearby Fayence, voted by Conde Nast Traveller to be the best gliding in the world! Whilst in the French Riviera, why not sample some of the local wines in one of the many vineyards surrounding the local village and region. Tours and tastings are available, as are fine-dining experiences at some. Water-lovers must head to Lac de Saint Cassien, about 45-minutes away, where you can hire pedaloes, rowing boats, try out windsurfing or simply swim off the waters edge. Or head south to some of the French Riviera’s finest beaches with charming Saint-Raphaël (40km), Sainte Maxime (54km) easily reached within an hour. For a touch of glamour, why not head to Saint-Tropez (68km) for a memorable day trip, maybe also stopping off at Pampelonne beach with its world-famous beach clubs. The fashionable city of Cannes (48km) is also a fantastic place to visit during your stay. Take a walk along the city promenade in Cannes, La Croisette, as you soak up the glitz and glamour that surrounds you. The city has a brilliant nightlife, some superb restaurants and a great choice of lovely sandy beaches, both public and private.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €750 charged to clients’ credit card before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, including central heating.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including mid-stay linen change for stays of more than one week.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, including mid-stay clean for stays of more than one week. Please note guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool heating charge? : Yes, pool heating is on request at a charge of €100 per week, payable locally. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : The swimming pool is open from March to the end of October.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.