Chateau Grand Cru at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
In the very heart of its own vineyard, Château Grand Cru is an exceptional home which has been beautifully restored to welcome wine connoisseurs and Francophiles alike in an enchanting setting close to Saint-Émilion.
A typical Maison Girondine, this wine château is available all year round whether you wish to admire the wisteria-clad façade in late spring or relax amongst the golden-coloured vines in the autumn. Indeed, you are surrounded by glorious vines; this is an organic, bio-dynamic vineyard which produces a well-known Saint-Émilion Grand Cru. Watch workers tend to the vines around you, preparing for the rich harvest in autumn when grapes are sorted and processed at the château. To be staying in such a special working vineyard is a truly wonderful experience at any time of year.
The interiors of Château Grand Cru are exquisite with refined furnishings alongside ornate pieces and...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Château Grand Cru is in a magnificent setting surrounded by vineyards only 3km from the beautiful wine-village of Saint-Émilion. The château is part of a working bio-dynamic vineyard and you can often see workers tending to the vines, spraying the crops and processing the grapes, especially during their busy period from June to the end of September. The owners can give you a tour and arrange wine-tastings at one of their châteaux and vineyards and of course there are many other excellent wineries to visit across this wine-making region. The enchanting wine-village of Saint-Émilion (3km) is just a five-minute drive away. The village and it’s surrounding vineyards have become a UNESCO World Heritage site. The history of the village dates back to prehistoric times and when you are wandering around the cobbled lanes you can discover beautiful Romanesque churches, underground catacombs and pretty squares. It’s known throughout the world for the incredible vineyards that surround the village – Saint-Émilion offers the perfect combination of historic charm and excellent wine. Nearby you can arrange bike hire, take Saint-Émilion wine tours by Tuk-Tuk, road-train or even prestige cars and arrange hot air balloon rides or pleasure flights over the glorious surrounding landscapes. You are also just a short drive from the Dordogne river where you can hire canoes for wonderful days out with family or friends. There are also some lovely lakes to visit such as Lac des Dagueys (7km) with its summer inflatable water park and also at Blasimon (24km) where there’s a leisure base with various land-based activities, fishing, swimming at certain times in the summer and lovely walks. There are also many picturesque villages dotted around this region, including Castillon-la-Bataille (17km) where you can watch the re-enactment of the famous battle in the height of the summer or a little further to Sainte-Foy-la-Grande (36km), both on the Dordogne river. Eynesse (35km), Montcaret (24km) and the Jardins de Sardy (30km) are also lovely places to visit or spend the day in the nearby town of Libourne (6km) with its fascinating wine history and boat trips along the River Isle. Wine and city lovers alike will be keen to visit Bordeaux (45km) during their stay with its great restaurant scene, awe-inspiring architecture and the famous La Cité du Vin. Bergerac (62km), a little further, is also a great place to spend the day exploring the picturesque old town and traditional Wednesday market as well as its Maison des Vins. Beach-lovers can be at the Atlantic coast in around 90 minutes whether the wonderful long beaches near Arcachon (105km) or the famous and stunning Dune du Pyla (105km).
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €6,000 paid to the owner by bank transfer one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. (earlier on request, please enquire).
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes.
- Pool towels included? : Yes.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open May to October, approximately. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Changeover day : Saturday in July and August. Flexible during all other periods.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights in July and August. 2 nights during all other periods.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Other Ts and Cs : Celebrations, stag/hen parties and any special events for up to 30 guests are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges. Weddings are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is featured in the first-floor bedrooms only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings cannot be arranged at Chateau Grand Cru.