Maison de l’Avoine at Occitanie
When you are gazing at the mesmerising views of the surrounding valleys and hills you’ll realise why this area is known as the ‘Tuscany of France’. Hear the distant sound of church bells ringing or birds chirping in this beautiful region where the pace of life is incredibly relaxed.
The kind and hospitable owners, who live in their own château on the vast estate, have restored Maison de l’Avoine with great love and care, retaining much of its traditional charm alongside modern amenities and beautiful style. The open-plan living room and kitchen-diner has characterful features such as exposed stone work and a log-burning fire as well as elegant furnishings and contemporary fittings. Each of the four bedrooms offer a sanctuary of peace whilst bathrooms have been handsomely designed.
Spend lazy days by the glistening swimming pool and preparing delicious lunches in the summer kitchen using ingredients picked...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
In Tarn-et-Garonne, near the border of Lot, you can enjoy stunning views of the valleys and rolling hills, which is why this region is known as the ‘Tuscany of France’. There’s a local village just over 5km away which has a lovely small supermarket as well as a handful of restaurants and you can pick up dairy products from nearby farmers and fresh bread and pastries from one of the two village boulangeries. This region offers a wealth of activities. Golf-lovers can be challenged by the beautiful nine-hole course only ten minutes away whilst cycling lovers can follow stunning routes through the surrounding countryside (electric bikes can also be arranged locally). There’s canoeing on nearby rivers for all abilities as well as horse-riding, tennis and karting in the area. It goes without saying that there are also many glorious walks across the wonderful landscapes. For days out exploring, the beautiful and historic town of Cahors (31km) is just over half an hour away. The twice weekly Farmer’s market is a delight with all sorts of wonderful produce from foie gras and truffles to Quercy melons. Wander through the pretty old lanes, cross the Pont Valentré bridge which is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site and explore many other places of historical importance. In the height of the summer there are boats along the River Lot to St-Cirq-Lapopie, one of France’s ‘Plus Beaux Villages’. Wine-lovers will appreciate the marvellous Cahors vineyards where you can sample some of the world’s finest wines such as Syrah and Malbec varieties. Wine-tastings and vineyard visits can of course be arranged. Montauban (35km), to the south, is another great town to visit with its grand square and cafes, pretty old town, interesting museums and lovely walks along the Canal de Montech. Moissac (28km), on the Santiago de Compostela route, on the banks of the River Tarn, is also alive with history with its famous 12th century abbey and cloisters and a great market at the weekend. There are many other villages and towns within a short distance, many of which have charming Farmer's markets or brocantes, delightful shops selling wonderful local produce and excellent restaurants. Highlights include Montcuq (20km), known for its Cathar history and amazing Sunday morning market as well as historic Puy-l'Évêque (47km) perched above the River Lot with lovely boat tours in the summer. If you are wanting to explore even further afield then the beautifully preserved town of Rocamadour (90km) is just over an hour away whilst Dordogne villages such as La Roque-Gageac (90km), Domme (87km) and Monpazier (76km) make perfect day trips.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid via bank transfer to the owner before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Included from April to September. Extra €30 per day during all other months.
- Linen & towels included? : Bed linen, bath and pool towels are included and changed once for stays over 7 nights.
- End of stay cleaning included? : €100 paid on arrival in cash. Guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi included.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Other Ts and Cs : 1 Cot and 1 High-Chair are included.
- Other Ts and Cs : The private unheated pool is open mid-April to mid-September (cooler months may not be suitable for swimming).
- Other Ts and Cs : The owner's pool (15mx5m) is heated and available on request from mid-April to mid-September.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are not allowed.