Maison Occitane at Occitanie
A peaceful oasis set in the rolling meadows of the Lot countryside, this beautiful home has been exquisitely styled by its loving owners, both internationally renowned interior designers.
With an air of romance, the interiors are splendid with eclectic and handsome furnishings set against a historical backdrop of exposed stone walls, wood-beamed ceilings and an overall classic style. Fascinating objets d’art fill the incredibly designed rooms yet there is a constant feeling of warmth, grace and comfort throughout this unique home.
All on the ground level, there are two charming bedrooms, each with their own elegant shower room and behind one of sumptuous beds you can luxuriate in a clawfoot bathtub. The living area is perfect for cosy evenings by the wood-burning fire and opens out to an impressive and brilliantly equipped kitchen where you can create feasts using the finest ingredients from local...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Set on the estate of a 350-year old Manoir, Maison Occitane is surrounded by beautiful countryside and rolling meadows. It’s about a 15-minute drive to the nearest town, Puy-l'Évêque (10km) perched above the River Lot, where you will find several restaurants and shops as well as a Tuesday morning market. Explore its narrow lanes and steps and admire the ochre-coloured medieval houses and buildings. In the summer, pick up a boat tour from the port to take in the beautiful scenery. Just a little further is Prayssac (12km) with restaurants, delightful boulangeries and a supermarket as well as a twice-weekly market. To the south, the Sunday morning market at Montcuq (17km) is also a must, which could be combined with a visit to the Lac de Montcuq with its sandy beach, fishing, children’s play area and supervised swimming on summer afternoons. You are of course in a region known for its magnificent wines with the Cahors vineyards so close. There are wineries within a short drive and beyond; whether you wish to sample Syrah or Malbec, some of the world’s finest wines are made in vineyards nearby. The beautiful and historic town of Cahors (38km) on the River Lot is just over half an hour away. On a Wednesday and Saturday morning experience the open farmers market with many local delights to buy from Quercy melons to truffles and foie gras. The famous bridge, Pont Valentré, is UNESCO World Heritage listed and there are other wonderful sightseeing opportunities including the Resistance Museum and the Cathedral. Or simply wander through the medieval lanes, discovering one of the many little squares and secret gardens across the town. In July and August you can take the boat from Cahors to Cirq-Lapopie (63km), an enchanting hilltop town just over an hours drive away from Maison Occitane. Discover the pretty shops, many selling their crafts or explore the art galleries in the flower-filled lanes. Many artists have been inspired to come here over the years due to its remarkable beauty and charm; it has been classified as one of France’s ‘Plus Beaux Villages’. Heading north, the beautifully preserved town of Rocamadour (80km) is another amazing place to visit in the Lot department, built on the edge of a cliff with the river at the bottom of the gorge. The honey-coloured houses of stunning Gourdon (50km) are another highlight of this region. The Dordogne is also reached in just over an hour with famous villages such as La Roque-Gageac (59km), Domme (56km) and Monpazier (49km) making perfect day trips.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 paid in cash to the owner upon arrival/bank transfer before arrival and refunded after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : No, charges apply during cooler months.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels. Bed and bath linen changed weekly for stays of more than one week.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted, a pet supplement of €40 per pet will apply (paid locally).
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other special events are not permitted.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Security deposit :
- Security deposit :
- Security deposit :
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).