Petit Chateau Medoc at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Overlooking Grand Cru vineyards from the most prestigious wine appellation in Bordeaux, and possibly the world, Petit Château Médoc is an elegantly restored manoir in the famous wine village of Pauillac.
Formerly a wine château, this 150-year-old manoir has a fascinating history yet has recently been brought back to life by its current owners who have lovingly restored it with sensitivity and style. The manoir features stables which used to house the horses that worked on the vineyard, vaulted wings which were chais and a tower which previously had a windmill to make flour to feed the workers. To date, it’s just the main house which has been renovated into an elegant five-bedroom home set in landscaped gardens with a glorious private swimming pool.
Each of the rooms are beautifully presented whether it’s the open-plan kitchen-diner with its range cooker and stylish dining...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
With views towards the Gironde estuary, Petit Château Médoc overlooks the Grand Cru vineyards of the Médoc in the heart of Bordeaux’s most prestigious wine region. You can walk into the local village of Pauillac which is one of the most prestigious wine appellations in Bordeaux. In and around Pauillac you will find 115 châteaux with vineyards producing wine from three Premier Cru châteaux to more affordable small wineries; famous names include Château Latour, Château Lafite-Rothschild and Château Mouton-Rothschild. Over two million visitors come to the famous wine châteaux of Pauillac yet you will be able to arrange personal tours in the peaceful vines where you can learn what goes into producing such great wines. The nearest wine châteaux available to visit for tours and tastings are within walking distance starting at around 750m away. The Médoc region is also famous for its gastronomy which you can experience in Pauillac and the surrounding area. Within ten minutes you can wander into the heart of Pauillac where you’ll find boulangeries, delis, fromageries, cafes and bars. There is also a good choice of restaurants by the quay as well as a Michelin starred restaurant in the town. Within a fifteen-minute walk you can reach the butchers, an excellent restaurant owned by Chateau Lynch-Bage as well as the weekly food market on a Saturday morning where you can pick up fresh oysters caught nearby along the coast. The nearby village of Saint-Julien, also featuring wonderful wine châteaux, has a couple of great restaurants to try whether you’re wanting a relaxed lunch or a special meal out. Within walking distance guests will also be able to hire bikes, play tennis, swim in an indoor pool in cooler months or sail on the Gironde. Hiring a bike (manual or electric) is a wonderful way to explore the local castles and guided tours are also available. There are also some great cycling trails along the Atlantic coast and through local forests whilst horse-lovers can find riding stables nearby. For an ultra-special occasion, why not take a hot air balloon ride over the glorious countryside. Keen runners may already be aware of the longest marathon in the world, Marathon du Médoc, which takes place in September and starts and ends in Pauillac. It’s especially unique as it features wine-stops and fine cuisine en route! Golf-lovers are also in paradise across this region. The most famous course is Golf du Médoc, around 40 minutes away plus Golf de Lacanau a little further as well as other golf courses by the ocean with pine trees and sand dunes. Closer to home is Relais de Margaux Golf & Spa, around 20 minutes away, which also offers wonderful spa facilities. Within forty-five minutes you can be at the Atlantic coast with its magnificent sand dunes leading to vast beaches that are perfect for watersports including some great surfing spots. For calmer beaches, head a little north to the likes of Soulac-sur-Mer (52km) or enjoy the charm and sophistication of Cap Ferret (85km) to the south. One experience not to be missed is trying oysters and chilled Médoc white wine in and around Arcachon Bay. Another great option, especially for families, is some of the lake beaches just over half an hour away, towards the coast, such as around Hourtin (30km) and Lacanau (40km) lakes where you can bathe in warm water without the waves. You’ll also find kite surfing on Lac d'Hourtin. Not forgetting the fantastic city of Bordeaux, only 52km away or possible by train from Gare de Pauillac. With its magnificent 18th century architecture (the old centre is a UNESCO World Heritage site) contrasting the uber modern Cité du Vin, it’s a fantastic place to visit not just for its beauty but also its vibrant restaurant scene, not to mention the fine wines!
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : £500 paid to the owner by bank transfer one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 11.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pets welcome? : On request only and with prior agreement with the owner. If accepted a higher security deposit will apply.
- Changeover day : Saturday (more flexible in 2019 subject to availability).
- Minimum stay : 7 nights from mid-June to mid-September. 3 nights during all other periods (more flexible in 2019 subject to availability).
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open from approximately May to the end of October (cooler months may not be suitable for swimming)
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges. Stag/hen parties are not permitted.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi is included however please note it is limited as it is via a Mi-Fi device with limited data allowance.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Security deposit :
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).