Dans La Nature at Occitanie
Connect with nature at this stunning contemporary villa with incredible views looking over the Gorges du Tarn in the Grands Causses Regional Park in rural southern France.
The modern design of this beautiful home contrasts perfectly with the spectacular landscapes that surround it. Here you will experience tranquillity as you gaze out to the valley views, looking deep into nature. The sense of calm continues inside the air-conditioned villa with vast living space, an open-plan kitchen-diner and four welcoming bedrooms with little extras such as TVs, bathrobes and slippers.
From the impressive living-dining room, open the sliding doors and step out to the decked terrace and heated swimming pool. Spend lazy days lounging in the sun, preparing a feast by the barbecue or relaxing in the garden looking out at the remarkable vistas. As evening approaches, after <i>aperitifs</i> by the pool house, gather with...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Dans La Nature is set in the Aveyron department, near the border with Lozère. This is on the edge of the Cévennes National Park, in the the Grands Causses Regional Park, an area filled with outstanding scenery and stunning natural landscapes. Guests have use of the facilities at the owner’s hotel, located approximately 1km away (a 2-minute drive or 15-minute walk) on the banks of the Tarn river. This includes use of the hotel swimming pool (from May to October), the private river beach and the hotel bar. Guests can also dine in the hotel’s restaurant (open most evenings each week and Sunday lunchtime, closed Mondays except June to September); it’s also best to book ahead. Guests with a fishing licence are permitted to fish by the hotel’s riverside and the hotel also has a canoe for guests to use. In a little hamlet with a rural setting, Dans La Nature is just over a kilometre away from the nearest small village where you will find a small grocery store and a couple of restaurants. The nearest main town is Millau (21km) with larger supermarkets, a wider choice of restaurants and facilities. It has an amazing bridge over the Tarn river (a great spot for paragliding!) as well as many fascinating historical highlights and beautiful architecture. Head to the morning market at Place des Halles (Wednesday to Sunday) to buy some of the wonderful regional produce and there are also special markets on summer evenings to look out for. Closer to home, there are further places to hire canoes and kayaks near the villa and some wonderful day trips available along the river exploring some of the deepest gorges in Europe. Hiking is incredibly popular across this region with many trails leading directly from the villa through the outstanding Grands Causses Regional Park where you can gaze at the remarkable plateaus across the diverse landscapes. The hotel can arrange for a guide to accompany you on a specialised walking itinerary for either a half-day or full-day excursion. Other sports available across this region include climbing, natural water sliding, para-gliding and bungee jumping. Millau is a great place to find many of these amazing activities as is Sainte-Enimie (35km) in the heart of Les Gorges du Tarn. Indeed, Sainte-Enimie is known to be one of France’s ‘<i>Plus Beaux Villages</i>’ where you can explore pretty lanes and beautiful old architecture such as the Romanesque church and Benedictine monastery. Other pretty villages to discover across Les Gorges du Tarn include Pougnadoires (28km), Saint-Chely-du-Tarn (30km), Castelbouc (42km) and Montbrun (46km). Other amazing places to visit are Sublime Point (20km) where you’ll discover some of the most breath-taking views of the region and the fascinating caves at Aven Armand (23km), accessed by funicular railway, where you will be guided through the amazing stalagmites, beautifully lit up. Further amazing natural wonders can also be found at Chaos de Montpellier-le-Vieux (14km) where you can see hectares of dolomite rocks in all sorts of unusual shapes and sizes (another great place for walking). Castle lovers should head to the medieval ruins at Chateau de Peyrelade (7km) in a stunning setting with amazing views and often hosting summer activities and re-enactments.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 charged to client's credit card by the owner upon arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Pets welcome? : One pet on request only and with prior agreement with the owner.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and any special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges.