Les Volets at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Situated just metres from the cool waters of the Atlantic, along the stunning Basque coast, only 10km south of Biarritz, Les Volets is a stunning contemporary home, with striking architectural design throughout. In the beautiful Basque town of Bidart, with world-famous surf almost lapping at your door, its location is second-to-none.
This very special abode offers guests spectacular and modernist design features across its two floors. The glass panelled walls encompassing most of the villa drench the rooms with natural light, and open up onto the lovely terrace area, extending that all important outdoor-indoor experience. A beautiful living area and large stylish kitchen, bathed in calming muted tones and sleek finishes, are fantastic spaces in which to entertain.
The villa sleeps eight guests in four stunning bedrooms, all offering high spec modern décor. You’ll find the master bedroom with ensuite on the ground floor,...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
In this beautiful part of the Pyrénées-Atlantiques, you are in the traditional Basque village of Bidart with restaurants close by and the heart of the village within walking distance as you follow the road up the hill. It’s also just a short walk down the hill to the beach and just 10km further is the hustle and bustle of vibrant Biarritz. Full of character, as well as plenty of shops and quaint restaurants bursting with traditional delights, Bidart boasts six spectacular beaches, equipped to serve surf enthusiasts and beach bums alike. There are so many wonderful beaches along this fantastic coastline, some backed by dramatic cliffs, and others wide-open stretches of golden sand. Notable spots include the family-friendly Central Beach and further north in Biarritz La Plage de la Cote des Basques which has become a favourite for surfers. Indeed, this area has become a surfing mecca, with enthusiasts from all over the world attracted to this part of the Basque coastline and plenty of surfing schools for abilities and all ages. For more hustle and bustle Biarritz is an elegant seaside resort dating back to the 19<sup>th</sup> century when aristocracy built their summer residences along this part of the coast, including the well-known Hotel du Palais, built by the wife of Napoleon III on the famous La Grande Plage. You will find some wonderful restaurants in the Port des Pecheurs, the former fishing port, where you can buy delicious fresh seafood. Food lovers shouldn’t miss the fantastic market at the Halles de Biarritz offering many wonderful Basque specialities. Another one of the town’s highlights is the incredible Rocher of the Vierge peninsular, which can be visited via the Eiffel bridge that connects it to the mainland or the fascinating lighthouse in the northern part of the town where there are some breathtaking views. Other fabulous coastal areas to visit include the picturesque town of Ciboure (10km) to the south where Matisse once lived and the lovely resort of Saint-Jean-de-Luz (9km) with a great sandy beach and plenty of family-friendly activities as well as an abundance of golf courses and lovely walks along the surrounding coastline and hills. For a change of scenery, venture inland to explore some traditional Basque villages, such as two of France’s Plus Beaux Villages; pretty Ainhoa (22km) and Sare (20km), where you can take the old wooden train up to the summit of La Rhune, one of the most dominant peaks of the Pyrénées, where there are some restaurants with spectacular views as well as some keen hiking opportunities. Hiking in this area is second to none, if you’re lucky you’ll even stumble across local shepherds as they tend to their flocks. Indeed, this whole region offers an extended range of outdoor activities, such as walking, horse-back riding, fishing, golf, cycling, canoeing and many others including water-sports along the coast.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €2500 paid to the owner by bank transfer two weeks before arrival and refunded three weeks after departure at the very latest, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, excluding pool towels. Pool towels can be rented at the cost of €8 per towel, please advise us if required before your final balance is due.
- Energy costs included? : Included.
- Heating costs included? : Included.
- Minimum stay : 14 nights in July and August, otherwise 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests will be required to sign a copy of the owner's rental terms upon booking confirmation.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for civil liability as well as cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay. A copy of this policy may be requested by the owner before or upon arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.