Les Vignes at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
In the captivating countryside of the Charente, with surrounding landscapes of summer sunflowers, vineyards and pine forests, Les Vignes is a beautifully restored farmhouse which will amaze its guests in every way.
As soon as the owners arrived at this enchanting yet neglected home a few years ago, they fell in love with it. They had a strong vision of what it could become and worked hard with dedicated builders to renovate it into a spectacular farmhouse which offers luxury and comfort alongside original charm.
Les Vignes offers four stylish en suite bedrooms, one a master double with its own bath, another a delightful family bedroom. Downstairs the living space is serene with a pretty lounge with a log-burning fire and an elegant kitchen-diner featuring a range cooker and other high-end appliances including a Nespresso machine. Other modern features include high-speed Wi-Fi, Blue-tooth speakers, an X-Box for...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Les Vignes has a beautiful rural setting in a small hamlet in the Charente department, near the border of Charente-Maritime. Enjoy summer fields of sunflowers as well as vineyards and pine forests in this picturesque location. You’ll find the nearest bakery, shops and restaurants in Chalais (12km), around fifteen minutes away by car as well as a couple of supermarkets. An especially great time to visit Chalais is on a Monday morning when you can visit the lovely Farmer’s market followed by lunch in one of the pretty restaurants or cafes. There is so much to do in the local region. Why not pack a picnic and head to the turquoise lakes at Guizengeard where you can admire the amazing scenery and relax on the man-made beaches. There are also some beautiful nature trails if you love walking or just exploring. There is also a beautiful lake where you are permitted to swim at certain times of year near Montguyon (13km), a lovely day out for all the family. La Jemaye (40km) is another picturesque lake popular for walkers and swimmers. For active guests, Étang Vallier, near the village of Brossac, is a great place for watersports and pony trekking in July and August or head east to Arbor Parc in the height of the summer, near Saint-Aulaye, where you will find boat hire as well as a tree-top adventure centre. Another highlight of this area is Aubeterre-sur-Dronne (24km), on the border of Dordogne and Charente and classified as one of France’s ‘Plus Beaux Villages’. Set above the river Dronne, admire it’s pretty architecture and fascinating Monolithic Church carved into the rock. Indeed, this is a great location for visiting the Dordogne region which is so close. Wonderful places to visit include Ribérac (40km) with its atmospheric weekly market and also the small and historic city of Périgueux (77km) which is especially famous for it’s fine local cuisine and markets. The historical sights and famous Maison des Vins of Bergerac (80km) also make a great day trip in just under ninety minutes by car. Indeed, wine-lovers have a great choice of places to visit across this region. A little closer to home Cognac (62km) with its riverside restaurants, Cognac houses and beautiful historic town. Perhaps you could combine your day with a trip to Jarnac (58km) where you can enjoy brandy tastings and try yet more excellent restaurants. Heading south, the hilltop wine town of Saint-Émilion (50km) is only an hour away whilst the vineyards and city of Bordeaux (80km) would be a spectacular day trip, especially when visiting Bordeaux’s Cité-du-Vin and surrounding wineries. Blaye (60km) on the Gironde is also worth a visit with its great citadel and good Côtes de Blaye wine. If you are travelling during asparagus season, buy some from the Blaye market on a Wednesday or Saturday morning. Coastal lovers can head to Royan (100km) or Saint-Georges-de-Didonne (95km) in around ninety minutes or a little further to Rochefort (130km) to learn about the fascinating maritime history of this region and admire the stunning landscapes.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1000 paid via bank transfer to the owner before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m. or 6.00 p.m. dependent on changeover requirements
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m. or 8.00 a.m dependent on changeover requirements
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Included from April to September.
- Outside of these months, the cost is €30 per day (paid locally).
- Linen & towels included? : Yes and changed weekly for bookings of over a week.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes, excluding a €100 fee paid directly to the owner to cover extra anti-viral cleaning. Guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or rubbish disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Changeover day : Saturday during the Christmas period. Sunday for all other periods.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Internet access? : Wi-Fi included.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally in cash (typically costs €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Other Ts and Cs : 1 Cot and 1 High-Chair are included.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges. Stag/hen parties and other special events are not permitted.
- Pool opening dates? : The pool is open from mid-April to mid-September, approximately. Please note that pool opening dates are subject to local weather conditions and pool maintenance requirements and that cooler months may not be suitable for swimming.