Soleil D’Ete at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Soleil D’Ete is a beautifully furnished and very comfortable duplex apartment which exudes fun and functionality. It’s perfectly situated within easy walking distance of the trendy shops, markets and fine restaurants of downtown Biarritz and only 700m from La Grande Plage. Step outside the door of your self-contained retreat and you’ll quickly experience that famous Biarritz buzz.
Fun lovers will enjoy the sky-blue theme in the bedrooms with its tasteful yellow splashes in the living space to remind you of summer sunshine. With its own entrance, Soleil D’Ete is spread over three floors, feeling more like a town house than an apartment. It’s so convenient to be able to leave your bikes and surf boards in the hallway on the ground floor and dry out your gear in the laundry room after a trip to the beach.
A gorgeous, spacious open-plan living-dining and kitchen area is on the first floor – windows and doors fill the whole...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Soleil d’Ete is located in the heart of Biarritz on a bustling street filled with pretty shops, restaurants and supermarkets. There’s even a 24-hour vending machine in the street below if you fancy a snack late at night alongside the occasional hungry party goer who may pass by. Biarritz, an elegant resort in the Pyrénées-Atlantiques region in south-west France, dates back to the mid-19th century when aristocracy built their summer residences along this part of the coast, including the well-known Hotel du Palais, built by the wife of Napoleon III and just a ten-minute walk away along the beach. The most famous beach, La Grande Plage, is in the heart of Biarritz and just 700m from the apartment. There are other beaches around the town such as La Plage de la Cote des Basques (also 700m), which has become a favourite for surfers. Indeed, Biarritz has become a surfing mecca with enthusiasts from all over the world attracted to the 6km of Biarritz coastline and beyond. There are plenty of surfing schools for abilities and all ages. Oliver Travel’s guests can arrange surf coaching or just equipment hire during their stay. You will find some wonderful restaurants in the Port des Pecheurs (500m), the former fishing port, where fresh seafood can be found. Food lovers, don’t miss the amazing market at the Halles de Biarritz, within a couple of minutes, including many wonderful Basque specialities. Some of the local specialities include the local touron (marzipan), locally cured ham as well as mussels, mushrooms and more. It’s also a lovely atmosphere around the Port Vieux, just a five-minute walk away, where there is a tiny sheltered beach loved by locals and the town’s main shopping street, Rue Port Vieux. Amazing Art Deco buildings around the town and especially along the La Grande Plage include the casino and the Aquarium which is a must for sea-lovers or families. Another one of the town’s highlights is the incredible Rocher of the Vierge peninsular (650m), which can be visited via the Eiffel bridge that connects it to the mainland or the fascinating lighthouse (2.5km) in the northern part of the town where there are some incredible views. For a change of scene, head to the beaches to the north of the lighthouse along the Anglet coastline with wide, sandy stretches, some surrounded by grassland and forests and with a beautiful promenade for walkers and cyclists. There are also some idyllic Basque villages inland to explore such as two of France’s Plus Beaux Villages; pretty Ainhoa (28km) and Sare (26km), where you can take the old wooden train up to the summit of La Rhune, one of the most dominant peaks of the Pyrénées, where there are some restaurants with incredible views as well as hiking opportunities. Indeed, this whole region offers an extended range of outdoor activities, such as walking, horse- riding, fishing, cycling, canoeing and many others including water-sports along the coast
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : A pre-authorisation of €650 will be charged to clients’ credit card before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection (this will also be used to cover any charges/excess not covered by the guests' insurance policy).
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay cleaning for bookings of 2 weeks or more also included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : All linen and bath towels are provided. Beach towels are available at extra cost.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, within reasonable use.
- Heating costs included? : Yes, within reasonable use.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday in July and August. Flexible during all other periods.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : A mandatory insurance policy which covers guests for tenancy liability and property damage liability during their stay is included in the rental price.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : One high chair, one cot and one baby bath are available on request. An extra highchair and cot are available for hire at a cost of €120/week.
- Other Ts and Cs : Extra bed + towels and/or an inflatable mattress + towels are available on request for an extra charge of €150/week and €100/week, respectively.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Security deposit :