Domaine Monet at Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
The landscapes of Luberon are as beautiful as a Monet painting full of the colour and light of the changing seasons. Surrounded by cherry orchards blossoming in spring, hills ablaze with summer lavender and ripening vines in the autumn, Domaine Monet is a picture-perfect home in the heart of this captivating region.
Domaine Monet has been a labour of love for its dedicated owner who moved to France with her two young children some time ago and who was inspired to write about her life experiences in two published books. She has a keen eye for detail and her passion for the domain can be seen in what she has created and how she lovingly looks after this wonderful home.
Sleeping up to fourteen guests in total, there is a main villa with five charmingly styled bedrooms plus a 2-bedroom air-conditioned cottage, both set in the beautifully landscaped gardens.
The main villa, with its characterful grey shutters, is...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Domaine Monet is set in glorious grounds, featuring two large koi carp ponds and a canal. Here you are surrounded by vineyards, olive groves and cherry orchards, farming land so typical of this region. This is the heart of the incredible Luberon with breath-taking scenery and idyllic Provençal villages and towns. It’s only 3km (a short drive or leisurely walk) to a small village with a restaurant and a bar as well as a 9-hole golf course. Slightly further north is a historical hilltop village, 4km away, where the local specialities include cherries and truffles. Here you will find exquisite architecture ranging from medieval times to the 19th century and there are some lovely restaurants and <i>boulangeries</i>. Don’t miss the Tuesday morning market! In the height of the summer the surrounding hills are ablaze with lavender and the scent is divine! The owner has written an excellent guide on the area – she started it in 2000 when she moved to the village and has been updating it ever since. There are wonderful walks and mountain bike routes in the nearby area and horse-riding opportunities too. Bikes are available to hire in Apt and there is an excellent cycling route to follow between Apt and Coustellet, only recently completed. There are various hiking trails, including many of the well-marked GR routes, or you may just wish to wander through the local cherry orchards and vineyards. The nearest town is Apt (12km) where you will find larger supermarkets and a brilliant Saturday morning market, known to be one of the best in the region, selling all sorts of wonderful local produce. Roussillon (10km) is one of France’s <i>'Plus Beaux Villages</i>' due to its magical hilltop setting and maze of narrow winding streets and pretty squares. It’s a place that has always been much loved by artists and you will be able to explore the lovely galleries and boutiques the village has to offer as well as follow an art trail. The local gastronomy is divine as well so make sure you try out one of the regional restaurants. You are also within close driving distance of the archetypal Provençal villages of Bonnieux (18km), Lacoste (19km) and Van Gogh’s beloved Gordes (18km), another one of France’s <i>'Plus Beaux Villages'</i>. You can kayak or canoe along the Sorgue near L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue (37km), a town which is also a must-see also for antique lovers with its weekly <i>brocante</i> on a Sunday morning as well as hundreds of antique traders across the town. There are climbing opportunities near Buoux (16km), a tiny village with a castle not to be missed and now a mecca for rock-climbing. Wine lovers will appreciate all the amazing wineries in the local area whilst more family friendly activities in the region include tree-top activity centres, a zoo about an hour away in Barben and a model railway 40-minutes away south of Carpentras. Just an hours drive away is the capital of Provence, Avignon (57km), with a UNESCO World Heritage Site historic centre. Aix-en-Provence (65km), one of France's most beautiful university towns, is also a wonderful day trip.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €1500 charged to clients' credit card prior to the arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 9.30 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes (underfloor heating in the main house).
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels. Pool towels are changed every third day or as required.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. Also, there is 3 hours of cleaning mid-week in the kitchen and bathrooms. Please note guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note only the smaller swimming pool (by to the cottage) is heated (up to 28C) and only in May, June and September. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : Both swimming pools are open approximately May to end-September.
- Changeover day : Sunday (other days outside July and August possible on request only).
- Minimum stay : 7 nights (shorter stays outside July and August possible on request only).
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Pets welcome? : No. Please note a black cat lives in the outside garage in the summer.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : A/C is only in the cottage.