La Vue du Berger at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Situated in a beautiful rural setting in the Pyrénées-Atlantique, just a short drive from the beautiful town of St Jean de Luz, this charming traditional farmhouse offers guests a peaceful haven from which to explore this first-class holiday destination.
Surrounded by acres of luscious meadows, and views of the ocean beyond, La Vue du Berger offers up to 12 guests the opportunity to relax and unwind in total comfort. Tasteful modern décor abounds throughout the villa, with neutral tones giving a fresh sense of style. Greeted by a vast open plan living space, you’ll enjoy a superb dining area bathed in natural light through its many French windows, and a delightful living area with plenty of comfortable seating and doors opening onto the marvellous terrace with stunning ocean views. A well-equipped kitchen with a breakfast bar is located just through the main living space also benefiting from doors onto the terrace area.
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Villa La Vue du Berger offers a truly rural setting just moments from the dramatic Atlantic coastline, with the shadows of the Pyrénées providing the perfect backdrop. The immediate area around the villa is luscious countryside, fantastic for exploring by foot, with stunning coastal hikes just a few minutes’ drive away. You’re ideally placed directly in between the pretty bustling towns of Hendaye to the south and St Jean de Luz to the north, both accessible in under a 10 minutes’ drive. The sprawling medieval town of Hendaye 7km south, sits on the Spanish border, where you’ll find plenty to amuse the whole family. Split into two, the medieval Basque old town is situated on a hilltop, boasting some fantastic views, beautiful Basque style architecture, and windy lanes in which to explore the local shops and restaurants. You can also access the impressive Château Abbadia on the outskirts of town, which is well worth a visit. Down below in the peninsular you have a large bay with a modern marina and sailing club, and a beautiful 3 km stretch of white sandy beach along the Atlantic coast. So, whether you’re spending an evening high rolling in the marina casino, enjoying a surf lesson on one of its 4 beaches, or even taking a boat trip over to Spain, you’ll find an abundance of activities in this lovely town. The nearest beach to the villa can be found in the small seaside resort of Ciboure, the birthplace of the composer Maurice Ravel and home of artist Henri Matisse. Ciboure will charm visitors with its old town full of stone and timber-framed houses, its picturesque fishing port and its bustling Sunday morning market. The beach is fantastic for swimming and sunbathing, watching the boats come and go under the watchful eye of Fort Socoa in the distance. If you’re after the hustle and bustle of a vibrant coastal town without having to navigate round the many tourists that frequent Biarritz, St Jean de Luz will provide everything you could want just 7km north of the property. Originally a small fishing port at the mouth of the River Nivelle, it later became a fashionable resort for well-to-do French, English and Spanish tourists in the late 19th century. Now you’ll find a quintessential Basque seaside town – complete with atmospheric narrow streets, a lively harbour and a sparkling sandy beach. Try some fresh seafood at La Boete, one of the many seafood restaurants in the streets surrounding the Port, stumble across a local orchestra performing in Place Louis XIV, enjoy one of many kid’s clubs along the Grande Plage beach or for the more experienced surfer head north to Acotz beach. With quad bike excursions, hikes and golf being just a few more activities you can try in St Jean de Luz, you’ll never get bored, and with a number of relaxing spa’s in town you can recover in luxury. Further north, around a 20-minute drive away, you’ll find the lively town of Biarritz, an elegant seaside resort dating back to the 19th century when aristocracy built their summer residences along this part of the coast, including the well-known Hotel du Palais, built by the wife of Napoleon III on the famous Le Grand Plage. You will find some superb restaurants in the Port des Pecheurs, the former fishing port, where ordering some beautifully fresh seafood is a must. A lovely atmosphere can be found around the Port Vieux where you’ll discover a tiny sheltered beach loved by locals and the town’s main shopping street, Rue Port Vieux. Beautiful Art Deco buildings can be appreciated all around the town and especially along the beach, including the casino (also home to a theatre and swimming pool) and the Aquarium which is a must for sea-lovers or families. The fantastic picturesque villages inland should not be overlooked, with the majestic Pyrénées on your doorstep you have a great selection, including two of France’s Plus Beaux Villages; pretty Ainhoa (30km) and Sare (22km), where you can take the old wooden train up to the summit of La Rhune, one of the most dominant peaks of the Pyrénées, where there are some restaurants with incredible views as well as hiking opportunities.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €2500 paid to the owner by bank transfer two weeks before arrival and refunded three weeks after departure at the very latest, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Energy costs included? : Included.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights except in July & August when it's 2 weeks.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Pool heating charge? : Extra €100 per week outside of July and August, paid locally. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : 3h of cleaning per week included in the rental price.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that your booking will only be confirmed once we have checked availability with the owner.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests will be required to sign a copy of the owner's rental terms upon booking confirmation.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for civil liability as well as cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay. A copy of this policy may be requested by the owner before or upon arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.