L’Atelier du Soleil at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
In the heights of Anglet, the grand L’Atelier du Soleil is a beautiful home just a stroll from the glorious coastline near Biarritz.
This home exudes elegance and style with charming vintage furnishings alongside modern and sumptuous comfort. The vast living space is the perfect place to kick back and chat with family and friends, there’s even a film projector so you can watch movies or play video games in a fantastic setting.
Down the stairs the glorious kitchen is like an artist’s studio, filled with light flowing in from the vast bay windows that lead straight out to the terrace, garden and pool. High-end appliances, contemporary furnishings and bright works of art make the kitchen a delightful place to spend time as kids play on the terrace and beyond. Discover the incredible copper pans in the pantry for yet more class and charm.
Each of the four double bedrooms has its own character with unique...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
L’Atelier du Soleil is set in a residential district in the heights of Anglet, just 4km north of the heart of Biarritz.You can wander to the nearby shops where you will find a supermarket in about 10 minutes or a bakery a little further. There is also a lovely gourmet market selling Basque specialities and other local produce, around a 15-minute walk away. It’s only 800m to the coast where you will find restaurants as well as a lovely sandy beach popular with families and surfers with two surf schools, a beach club and a lifeguard station. There are many excellent beaches along this 4.5km stretch of Anglet coastline from smaller beaches to the south near the picturesque Biarritz lighthouse to wilder beaches to the north, including Plage d’Ocean which is backed by the beautiful and prestigious Chiberta golf course (book well in advance if you wish to play). There are also lots of surfing schools around the beaches of Anglet and Biarritz as in recent times this region has become very popular with surfers from all over the world. Oliver’s Travels guests can arrange surf coaching and/or equipment hire during their stay. To the south, elegant Biarritz (4km) is yours to discover at leisure. The resort dates back to the mid-19th century when aristocracy built their summer residences along this part of the coast, including the well-known Hotel du Palais on La Grande Plage, built by the wife of Napoleon III. You will find some wonderful restaurants in the Port des Pecheurs, the former fishing port, where you can enjoy fresh seafood. Food lovers don’t miss the amazing market at the Halles de Biarritz including many wonderful Basque specialities. Another one of the town’s highlights is the incredible Rocher of the Vierge peninsular, which can be visited via the Eiffel bridge that connects it to the mainland or the fascinating lighthouse in the northern part of the town (closer to the start of the Anglet beaches) where there are some incredible views. During your stay it is worth visiting nearby Bayonne (6km), just slightly inland, where you can walk around the narrow streets admiring the beautiful and historic architecture or walk along the river front. Other coastal areas to visit include the picturesque town of Ciboure (25km) where Matisse once lived and the lively resort of Saint-Jean-de-Luz (20km) with a great sandy beach and plenty of family-friendly activities as well as an abundance of golf courses and lovely walks along the surrounding coastline and hills. Both are near the French-Spanish border just to the south. There are also some idyllic Basque villages inland to explore such as two of France’s Plus Beaux Villages; pretty Ainhoa (30km) and Sare (28km), where you can take the old wooden train up to the summit of La Rhune, one of the most dominant peaks of the Pyrénées, where there are some restaurants with incredible views as well as hiking opportunities. Indeed, this whole region offers an extended range of outdoor activities, such as walking, horse-back riding, fishing, cycling, canoeing and many others including water-sports along the coast.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : A pre-authorisation of €650 will be charged to clients’ credit card before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection (this will also be used to cover any charges/excess not covered by the guests' insurance policy).
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes and mid-stay cleaning for bookings of 2 weeks or more also included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, including pool towels.
- Energy costs included? : Yes, within reasonable use.
- Heating costs included? : Yes, within reasonable use.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday in July and August. Flexible during all other periods.
- Smoking Allowed? : Outside only.
- Tax : French Visitors Tax payable locally (typically costs approximately between €1-€3 per adult per night- please enquire if exact amount is required).
- Insurance : A mandatory insurance policy which covers guests for tenancy liability and property damage liability during their stay is included in the rental price.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Pool heating charge? : Yes. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : One high chair, one cot and one baby bath are available on request. An extra highchair and cot are available for hire at a cost of €120/week.
- Other Ts and Cs : Extra bed + towels and/or an inflatable mattress + towels are available on request for an extra charge of €150/week and €100/week, respectively.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests will be required to sign a copy of the local representative’s rental terms upon booking confirmation.
- Pool heating charge? :
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open from May to September, subject to weather conditions (cooler months may not be suitable for swimming).
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Security deposit :