Manoir 1731 at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
On the banks of the Dordogne river, Manoir 1731 is a fine home in a beautiful countryside setting, set in eight hectares of private grounds, and makes a delightful place for a relaxing visit to this enchanting region.
Dating back to 1731, the owners have beautifully restored this old manor house and perfectly retained many characterful features such as the wood-beamed ceilings and huge fireplaces across the home. The owners have a fine eye for detail evident through the way they have styled their home; they have created a warm and welcoming ambience yet retained a strong sense of the <i>manoir’s</i> Perigordian history.
Downstairs the living area offers ample space to enjoy the traditional surroundings in great comfort or guests can prepare a delectable feast in the impressive kitchen to serve by the roaring fire in the dining room. The original stone staircase leads upstairs to four bedrooms, each...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Tennis Courts: Community
Outdoor Dining Area
Manoir 1731 is set on a stunning estate of lawns and woodland which lead down to the banks of the Dordogne River. There is a private tennis court on the estate and within a short walk there’s a place to go and rent canoes and kayaks along the Dordogne. The nearest small village is 2.5km away where you will find a small grocery store, restaurant and another place to hire canoes or in the next village (3.5km) you will find a bakery, butchers, restaurants, cafes and a lovely weekly market. For further facilities head to Souillac (10km) for a greater choice of large supermarkets. Be sure to visit the impressive Abbey Sainte-Marie in Souillac and even better combine with a trip to the atmospheric market on a Friday morning. There is also a great golf course near here. Sarlat (18km), the capital of the Perigord Noir, is one of the area’s most famous towns with its maze of medieval narrow streets, lovely squares and amazing restaurants plus a famous market on a Saturday morning. Regional specialities here include <i>Foie Gras</i> and the famous Perigordian truffle as well as cepes, walnuts, goat’s cheese and <i>confits</i>. The Dordogne department also hosts a wealth of beautiful villages and towns, many of them classed as France’s <i>Plus Beaux Villages</i> such as pretty Saint-Amand-de-Coly (30km), with the famous Lascaux caves nearby or the 13th century bastide village of Monpazier (60km). Other magical day trips include idyllic Domme (20km) high above the Dordogne river with its amazing caves, La Roque Gageac (22km), a perfect picture postcard village backed by steep cliffs and Castelnaud-la-Chapelle (28km) just across the river. You are also perfectly located to drive south to the Lot department with yet more amazing landscapes and idyllic villages and towns such as Gourdon (20km) with its honey stone coloured houses set beautifully on the hill and lovely warren of little streets. Beautifully preserved Rocamadour (32km) is another amazing place to visit, built on the edge of a cliff with the river at the bottom of the gorge. Back in the Dordogne, visit the topiary gardens at Eyrignac (16km) which opens up on Monday evenings in the summer for picnics and dance or Les Jardins de Marqueyssac (26km) set high above the river which also open on Thursday evenings in the summer when you can explore by candlelight. The whole region is a true haven for nature and sport lovers alike offering a wide array of outdoor activities, from horse-back riding and tennis, mountain-biking, golf and canoeing along the river, not to mention the number of hiking and fishing opportunities in the area. Children will love exploring prehistoric caves and parks and historic castles or even a magnificent hot air balloon ride across the stunning region. The more adventurous may enjoy tree-top activities in the forests near Sarlat.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 charged to clients' credit card one month before arrival and refunded two weeks after departure, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- Energy costs included? : Yes.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, bed-linen and bath/shower towels are provided but please bring your own pool towels.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Pets welcome? : No.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Pool heating charge? : No. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open from approx. the end of April to the end of September (cooler months may not be suitable for swimming).
- Other Ts and Cs : Special events are on request only and subject to prior arrangement with the owner and additional charges. Stag/hen parties are not permitted.
- Other Ts and Cs : Air-conditioning is featured in the bedrooms only.