Maison Exotique at Nouvelle-Aquitaine
Situated in the prestigious and elegant seaside resort of Biarritz, in the beautiful Basque region of France, Maison Exotique is a delightfully renovated traditional 1930’s Basque villa with heaps of character. With a plethora of activities emulating from one of the most famous stretches of coastline in the world just moments from your door, you’ll love all that Maison Exotique has to offer.
Recently renovated to a high standard, all the rooms in the villa have been well appointed with a lovely eye for detail. The entrance hall on the ground floor opens on to a large open plan living-dining space, drenched in natural light through huge windows, offering an array of stylish furnishings, a lovely fireplace and a large dining table, making this the perfect environment to entertain in. Adjoining this, you’ll find a charming TV room, delightfully inviting with bright décor and contemporary furniture. A well-equipped kitchen with modern...
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area
Situated in vibrant Biarritz, the jewel in the crown of the dramatic Atlantic Coast, Maison Exotique benefits from a fantastic location with all the excitement of this fantastic town so near. Sitting on a residential road, amongst a mix of other lovely traditional 1930’s villas, you’ll love to know that just 800m down the road you’ll be able to dip your toes into the inviting waters of the ocean and have a spectacular 6km of beautiful sandy beaches to choose from. And with the glitz and glamour of one of France’s most renowned playgrounds of the rich and famous just moments from your door, you’ll never be short of things to keep everyone busy. Biarritz is an elegant seaside resort dating back to the 19<sup>th</sup> century when aristocracy built their summer residences along this part of the coast, including the well-known Hotel du Palais, built by the wife of Napoleon III on the famous La Grande Plage. In 1957 however, when American screen writer Peter Viertel caught a wave, suddenly Biarritz became the ultimate surf mecca, and the alluring dichotomy of this lively town was born; The French Riviera meets Surf City USA. Considered one of the finest surf beaches in the world, the Grande Plage is a place to see and be seen, but head slightly up the coast to the long sandy beach Côtes des Basques for a truly authentic surfing experience. You will find some superb restaurants in the Port des Pecheurs, the former fishing port, where ordering some beautifully fresh seafood is a must. Food lovers don’t miss the fantastic market at the Halles de Biarritz, offering many delicious Basque specialities, from delicious <i>touron</i> (marzipan), succulent locally cured ham as well as mussels, mushrooms and so much more. A lovely atmosphere can be found around the Port Vieux where you’ll discover a tiny sheltered beach loved by locals and the town’s main shopping street, Rue Port Vieux. Beautiful Art Deco buildings can be appreciated all around the town and especially along the main beach, including the casino (also home to a theatre and swimming pool) and the Aquarium, which is a must for sea-lovers or families. Another one of the town’s highlights is the incredible Rocher of the Vierge peninsular, which can be visited via the Eiffel bridge that connects it to the mainland Other coastal areas that are definitely worth a visit include the picturesque town of Ciboure (19km) to the south where Matisse once lived and the lively resort of Saint-Jean-de-Luz (18km) with a great sandy beach and plenty of family-friendly activities, as well as an abundance of golf courses and lovely walks along the surrounding coastline and hills. For a change of scenery, venture inland to explore some traditional Basque villages, such as two of France’s <i>Plus Beaux Village</i>s; pretty Ainhoa (28km) and Sare (26km), where you can take the old wooden train up to the summit of La Rhune, one of the most dominant peaks of the Pyrénées, where there are some restaurants with spectacular views as well as some keen hiking opportunities. Hiking in this area is second to none, if you’re lucky you’ll even stumble across local shepherds as they tend to their flocks. For the sporting amongst you, it’s not just the surf that attracts people to this area. The whole region offers an extended range of outdoor activities, such as walking, horse-back riding, fishing, golf, cycling, and canoeing. You won’t be disappointed.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €3000 paid to the owner by bank transfer two weeks before arrival and refunded three weeks after departure at the very latest, subject to full inspection.
- Arrival time : 4.00 p.m.
- Departure time : 10.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Included. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, excluding pool towels. Pool towels can be rented at the cost of €8 per towel, please advise us if required before your final balance is due.
- Energy costs included? : Included.
- Heating costs included? : Yes.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Pets welcome? : Not allowed.
- Pool heating charge? : Extra €100 per week/per week outside of July and August, paid locally. Please note that like all heated pools, pool heating and water temperature are reliant on weather and outside temperatures.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests will be required to sign a copy of the owner's rental terms upon booking confirmation.
- Other Ts and Cs : Guests are required to be in possession of a valid insurance policy, which covers them for civil liability as well as cancellations, personal belongings, public liability and any accidental damage caused during their stay. A copy of this policy may be requested by the owner before or upon arrival.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are not permitted.