Maison Basque at Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
In the heart of the mesmerising Luberon National Park, just a five-minute drive from an idyllic provençal village, Maison Basque is a delightful stone house full of charm and character.
Inside you are greeted with a warm ambience with traditional Provençal features in every room from wood-beamed ceilings, exposed stone walls and cool tiled floors. Styled with rustic elegance, the open-plan living space is dominated by a glorious open fireplace and age-old dining table, perfect for feasts prepared in the cosy kitchen. There are three sweet bedrooms and bathrooms, including a spacious master room upstairs, accessed via its own stone staircase outside.
The gardens are the perfect place to relax, enjoying lunch by the roses or lazing on the lawns before dipping into the fabulous swimming pool. With Provençal scents and colours around you, the outside space is a charming place to spend quality time with loved ones.
Choose Your Dates
At a glance
At a glance
Enjoy the comforts of home and beyond with these distinctive features.
All Stays Include
We believe certain amenities should be standard. Every home comes outfitted with these best-in-class essentials for a worry-free stay.
Beds & Bath
Review bedroom arrangements to make sure each is right for you. Full and half bathrooms are shown as one total.
Outdoor Dining Area: Private
Outdoor Dining Area
Maison Basque is located just a five-minute drive north (2km) of a delightful and beautifully preserved village. Many say this is one of the most picturesque places in France. Located on a hill, it is surrounded by glorious countryside filled with vineyards and olive groves. Explore the village’s narrow lanes that wind up the hill, discovering little shops and restaurants, then enjoy breathtaking vistas on the way up to the village square at the top. The village boasts some impressive places to eat, from traditional restaurant to charming cafes with outstanding views. There are some spectacular hiking paths and mountain bike routes (mountain bike hire is possible nearby). Indeed, the Luberon National Park offers an ideal setting for walking, cycling, and even kayaking along the Sorgue. There are climbing opportunities near Buoux (23km), a tiny village with a castle not to be missed and now a mecca for rock-climbing. Wine lovers will appreciate all the amazing wineries in the local area whilst more family friendly activities include horse-riding and tree-top activity centres nearby plus a zoo and model railway both within an hours drive. Many of the idyllic hilltop villages have maintained their original features with castles, caves and historical artefacts to discover, including one of the most spectacular at La Tour d’Aigues (42km) which still has its dungeons. You are also within close driving distance of the archetypal Provencal villages of Bonnieux (12km), Lacoste (9km), Roussillon (15km) and Van Gogh’s beloved Gordes (15km), one of France’s Plus Beaux Villages. Food lovers should also head to the Luberon town of Apt (24km) on a Saturday morning for its incredible Provençal market, one of the most famous in the region and well known for its local products especially candied fruits and goats cheese. The old town has a lot of charm and character and the surrounding hills are typical of beautiful Provence. Famous Avignon (38km), the capital of Provence, and Aix-en-Provence (65km), one of France's most beautiful university towns, are just over an hour away.
Let’s try that again.
We’re having trouble connecting to Google Maps. Please try refreshing your browser or trying your search again.
Things To Know
Payment and Cancellation - 90 Day Policy
- Guests may cancel for free provided that: (1) cancellation is within 48-hours of reservation request, and (2) reservation request was made at least 10 days before arrival.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: Guests pay 100% at time of reservation.
- More than 90 days before arrival: Guests pay 50% at time of reservation (non-refundable), the remaining 50% will be charged 90 days prior to arrival.
- For guests paying with points: 100% of payment will be deducted at time of reservation, once booking is verified within 48 hours.
- 90 days or less prior to arrival: No refund issued, unless ‘Grace Period’ applies.
- More than 90 days before arrival: initial 50% payment is forfeited; the remaining 50% will not be charged.
- For guests paying with points more than 90 days before arrival: 50% of points taken are forfeited; the remaining 50% will be refunded within 5-10 business days.
- Security deposit : €500 payable locally in cash.
- Arrival time : Between 4.00 p.m. and 7.00 p.m. Other arrival times are on request only. Please enquire.
- Departure time : Before 10.00 a.m.
- End of stay cleaning included? : Yes. However, guests are required to leave the accommodation clean, tidy and in the same condition as on their arrival. Any extra cleaning, laundry, maintenance and/or garbage disposal required will be charged against the security deposit.
- Linen & towels included? : Yes, excluding pool towels.
- Minimum stay : 7 nights.
- Changeover day : Saturday.
- Pets welcome? : One dog/pet on request only and by prior arrangement with the owner.
- Smoking Allowed? : No.
- Other Ts and Cs : The pool is open from May to end of September, subject to weather conditions.
- Other Ts and Cs : Please note that published rates are only valid for the current year. Any bookings for subsequent years will be on request only and correct rates will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- Other Ts and Cs : Weddings, stag/hen parties and other celebrations are on request only.
- Tax : Tourist tax of €1 pp/pn, payable locally.